- Local News
Will Grantham. left, and Darren Hembree vote Tuesday afternoon at Doerun city precinct. Poll workers said that voting numbers were fairly good through about 1 p.m., with 89 votes cast up to that time.
Anderson, Nagy win District 5 races
In the only contested local races on Colquitt County’s ballot on Tuesday incumbent Colquitt County School Board member Patricia Anderson pulled out a narrow win and ROTC instructor Paul Nagy took the Republican nomination in the Colquitt County Commission race.
- Perdue defeats Kingston in Georgia Senate runoff
- Beadles wrapping up $2.6M upgrade this week
- 2 hurt in accident; their conditions are unknown
- Man hears gunshots after confrontation
- Anderson, Nagy win District 5 races
- Local Sports
9U Diamond Kings win tournament in Pensacola
The 9U team representing Thomasville’s Diamond Kings Sports Academy won the Nations Baseball 2014 Gulf Coast Ultimate World Series championship on Sunday in Pensacola Beach, Fla.
- State swim meet medalist
- Pollard selected for Elite Junior Classic
- Colquitt now seeking two tennis coaches
- Kaitlyn Mitchell wins gold, silver medals at state swim meet
- 9U Diamond Kings win tournament in Pensacola
Thoughts on Sabal Trail
Safety, public input, federal monitoring, jobs, tax revenue, exceed federal safety requirements, reliability, affordable, clean, thorough review, latest proven technologies: These are all good little meta tags and nice-sounding words and phrases Andrea Grover, spokeswoman for the Sabal Trail Transmission project, used in her recent My Word about that company's proposed natural-gas pipeline.
- Rant and Rave for 7/23/14
- Uplift our form of government; go vote today!
- Rant and Rave for 7/22/14
- Remembering those special moments
- Thoughts on Sabal Trail
‘Low maintenance’ doesn’t mean ‘no maintenance’
Another holiday has come and gone as the month of July counts its days and we once again focus our attention on the home landscape. Curb appeal and maintenance requirements play an important role as choices are made and plants are installed into our landscapes according to plans. Any failure in responsibility towards understanding and satisfying maintenance requirements will definitely result in the potential loss of the new plants.
- Siblings receive top honors in Scouting
- Ga. Forestry Queen
- ‘Low maintenance’ doesn’t mean ‘no maintenance’
- Mailbox Post
Colquitt County FFA very successful at state convention
Seventy Colquitt County FFA members recently attended the 86th Georgia FFA State Convention held in Macon.
- Municipal Court for the July 23 edition
- Municipal Court for the July 16 edition
- Colquitt County FFA very successful at state convention
- Around the Region
First black woman to win Olympic gold dies in Albany
The first black woman to win an Olympic gold medal, Alice Coachman Davis, died early Monday in south Georgia. She was 90.
- ABAC picks Gail Dillard for interim VP post
- Blood bank warns of O-negative shortage
- Georgia, Florida groups unite to help non-profits
- Standoff over gun rights in Valdosta convenience store
- First black woman to win Olympic gold dies in Albany