- Local News
Duncan Sinclair, at podium, addressed officials with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission during a Wednesday night hearing at Moultrie Technical College. Audience members made comments that will be put into case records of a proposed Alabama-to-Florida natural gas pipeline that would pass through Brooks, Colquitt, Dougherty and Lowndes counties.
Pipeline opponents speak out at hearing
Comments from residents this week on a proposed natural gas pipeline through the area ranged from concerns that it be placed deeply enough in the ground to we don’t want it.
- 2 of 3 vying for Horkan's judgeship have Moultrie ties
- 11 qualify to run for Chambliss's Senate seat
- Local reps qualify without opposition
- Federated Guild to hold annual antique show next weekend
- Pipeline opponents speak out at hearing
- Local Sports
Middle school tennis teams sweep Cook
The Colquitt County middle school girls and boys tennis teams remain unbeaten after defeating Cook Middle School on Friday at the Lynda Moseley Tennis Complex.
- Lady Packers win Maple Ridge Junior Girls Classic
- Mite girls finish second in state tournament
- Rifle team falls to Tift County
- Pack wins second game to salvage split with Brunswick
- Middle school tennis teams sweep Cook
A tree house for the Smithsonian? Just a thought
There’s a danger as we get older to become “old fogeys.” I’m not sure what a “fogey” is but I think it’s a polite word for something else, relative to flatulence.
- Rant and Rave for 3/07/14
- We’re inundated with self-help experts
- Their behavior seems somewhat hypocritical
- Rant and Rave for 3/06/14
- A tree house for the Smithsonian? Just a thought
The ‘play in the dirt’ season begins!
As we continue to experience conditions which offer a week of cold weather followed by a week of warm weather, know that these current temperature patterns will probably last throughout the month of March. March is supposed to be the month of winds to blow away winter and getting back into the yard for some spring cleaning and planting.
- The color of flowers can be therapy to all
- King and queen at Antigua Place
- The ‘play in the dirt’ season begins!
- Mailbox Post
- Around the Region
ABAC to hold nursing info session March 11
An information session on the nursing degree at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College will be held in the ABAC Health Sciences building on March 11 at 3 p.m.
- Dougherty County schools woo Colquitt County superintendent
- Albany police charge 2 in former Moultrian's death
- Evening for ABAC to raise money for scholarships
- Moultrie student vying for Ms. ABAC crown
- ABAC to hold nursing info session March 11