- Local News
Duncan Sinclair, at podium, addressed officials with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission during a Wednesday night hearing at Moultrie Technical College. Audience members made comments that will be put into case records of a proposed Alabama-to-Florida natural gas pipeline that would pass through Brooks, Colquitt, Dougherty and Lowndes counties.
Pipeline opponents speak out at hearing
Comments from residents this week on a proposed natural gas pipeline through the area ranged from concerns that it be placed deeply enough in the ground to we don’t want it.
- 2 of 3 vying for Horkan's judgeship have Moultrie ties
- 11 qualify to run for Chambliss's Senate seat
- Local reps qualify without opposition
- Federated Guild to hold annual antique show next weekend
- Pipeline opponents speak out at hearing
- Local Sports
Colquitt soccer teams drop pair to Tift County
Colquitt County boys soccer coach Jimbo Jarvis expected a strong effort out of his team on Tuesday at Tift County after watching the Packers play well last Friday against an outstanding Houston County team.
- Tucker 'home' for first Elite Series event
- Tournament champions
- Middle school tennis teams sweep Lowndes, Valdosta
- Hendry's 290 leads Colquitt County rifle team's win
- Colquitt soccer teams drop pair to Tift County
The ‘play in the dirt’ season begins!
As we continue to experience conditions which offer a week of cold weather followed by a week of warm weather, know that these current temperature patterns will probably last throughout the month of March. March is supposed to be the month of winds to blow away winter and getting back into the yard for some spring cleaning and planting.
- The color of flowers can be therapy to all
- King and queen at Antigua Place
- The ‘play in the dirt’ season begins!
- Mailbox Post
- Around the Region
Meigs fire victim remembered
A playful little boy who died in a Sunday predawn Meigs house fire had a magical smile that brought joy to his teachers.
- ABAC to hold nursing info session March 11
- Dougherty County schools woo Colquitt County superintendent
- Albany police charge 2 in former Moultrian's death
- Evening for ABAC to raise money for scholarships
- Meigs fire victim remembered