According to TheKnot.com, the unofficial experts on all things weddings, there are some things that may surprise the average person about weddings across the country. Here are some facts to consider.
* Weddings in Iowa and Nebraska are the biggest, averaging 200 guests.
* The average engagement ring costs more than $5,800.
* Most brides have one do-it-yourself element, such as favors or escort cards.
* "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" and "Lady in Red" are the two most popular first dance songs (even though 87 percent of brides wear white).
* Only 19 percent of couples rely on a wedding planner.
* Ancient Romans broke a cake over the bride's head to symbolize fertility. Today, brides must be fortunate to have only a little cake smashed in their faces!