Drug agency officials expect to make arrests in connection with cocaine and marijuana found Monday night in a Moultrie residence by police investigating a domestic violence case.
Moultrie Police Department reports said that an officer following up at about 8:50 p.m. on an earlier report of domestic violence saw marijuana on a coffee table in the living room.
“When they got there they observed some drugs in the home,” said Cmdr. Steve Exum of the Moultrie-Colquitt Drug Enforcement Team. “They got a search warrant.”
The search warrant turned up about a half ounce of cocaine and more than a pound of marijuana.
The drug team has suspects in the case, he said.
“All of the evidence is going to be processed,” he said. “We expect to take warrants on suspects after that.”
The domestic situation report Monday was made by Felicia Jones, 26, who told police that a male acquaintance had hit her in the face and choked her.
• Donald Ray Bradshaw, 30, 204 Sam Sells Road Unit C, Doerun, was charged Thursday with driving on suspended license and speeding.
• Don Cornelius Debruce, 36, 600 Fourth St. S.W., was charged Thursday with theft by shoplifting.
He is accused in the theft of merchandise worth $12 at Family Dollar, 635 First Ave. S.E.
• Austin Gene Fender, 19, and Justin David Fender, 24, both of 2612 Seventh St. S.E. Apt. A, were each charged Thursday with possession of marijuana and seat belt violation. Austin Fender also was charged with criminal trespass.
• Rudy Noe Jaime Portillo, 52, 601 Second St. N.W., was charged Thursday with no driver’s license and failure to yield while turning left.
• Deshan Laneal Wilson, 27, 710 Sixth St. S.E., was charged Thursday with failure to appear and probation violation.
• Purvis Duane McCloud, 35, 502 Northside Drive, was charged Wednesday with no insurance, suspended registration and probation violation.
• Agustin Chavez-Solis, 46, 247 Smith St., Berlin, was charged Thursday with probation violation.