The Moultrie Observer
A man who reportedly stole tools from a former employer and pawned them faces charges in the Tuesday theft, Colquitt County sheriff’s reports said.
Kenneth Freeman, 1100 block Baypole School Road, who is overseeing property in the 4400 block of Georgia Highway 111, reported that when he investigated a van parked at the property he found two men, one of whom is the former employee. Freeman saw a backpack sprayer and air tank inside the van, sheriff’s reports said.
The former employee said that he had the permission of property owner Franklin Powers of the 800 block of North Madison Street, Thomasville. Freeman got Powers on the phone with the man, who gave a false name.
After the conversation they left and Powers, driving from Thomasville, made contact with the former employee, sheriff’s reports said. Powers later learned that the former employee tried to pawn the stolen tools and sold them to a woman in the parking lot of the pawn shop for $50.
In addition to the sprayer and air tank, hand tools also were missing, sheriff’s reports said.
Charges had not been filed Wednesday afternoon.
In other thefts:
• Charles Epps, 500 block Tree Farm Road, reported Tuesday the theft of a 26-inch mountain bike.
• James Willis II, 3200 block Sylvester Driver, reported Tuesday the theft of a Ruger .45-caliber pistol.
Willis told the officer that when he returned home and entered his garage one or more persons left through the front door. When he went inside he found a room ransacked and the pistol missing.
• Patty Thompson, 1400 block 10th Street Southeast, reported Tuesday that a female acquaintance took her Dodge Caravan van without her permission during the night. The woman left a note that said she had taken the vehicle.
• David Powell, 6300 block Georgia Highway 33 North, Doerun, reported Tuesday the theft of a Cuban necklace, nugget diamond cluster ring and a diamond sapphire ring.
• Marvin Fish, Quail Bridge Road, reported Tuesday the theft of a Wii game console from a relative’s residence in the 100 block of Shady Grove Road.
• Katie Joyner, 900 block 12th Avenue Southeast, reported Tuesday the theft of a Craftsman riding lawnmower.
• Jessica Conner, 600 block Funston-Sigsbee Road, reported Wednesday that she heard someone at the back door at about 2:30 a.m.
When she checked two males were fleeing.
• Diane Knight, 1400 block Overlook Drive, reported Monday that a neighbor shot her redbone pit dog while the dog was in her yard.
Brandon Watson, also of the 1400 block of Overlook Drive, told the officer that he shot the dog in his yard after the dog took an “aggressive stance” and moved towards him.
• Bruce Arthur Ritter, 45, 210 Clanton St., Thomasville, was charged Tuesday with theft by taking.
• Christopher Shane Partain, 22, 477 Anderson Drive, was charged Monday with theft by taking.
• Kontravien Antonio White, 17, 1201 Sixth Ave. N.W., was charged Monday with no driver’s license.
• Raul Perez, 41, 512 Darby St., was charged Tuesday with suspended registration and driving while unlicensed.
Moultrie Police Department
• Vickie Langley, 900 block Fourth Avenue Southwest, reported Tuesday the theft of a Toshiba flat screen television.
• Rosetta Wilson, 1000 block 12th Street Southwest, reported Monday the theft of $20 in pennies from her residence.
• Mary Hightower, 600 block 12th Street Southeast, reported Tuesday that a JVC compact disc player was taken from a 1998 Hyundai Sonata parked at her residence.
• Betty Horace, 200 block Third Street Southwest, reported Monday that her bank card was used without her consent and that purchases were made of $106.87, $30 and $45.
• Ladeirdre Ann Wods, 29, 1957 Sylvester Highway, Moultrie, was charged Monday with failure to stop at a stop sign and driving while unlicensed. Matthew T. Riser, 49, 700 River St., Valdosta, who was a passenger, was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
• Bobby Gene Kastelic, 38, 437 Country Drive, was charged Monday with probation violation.
• Jeremy Deshaun Murray, 27, 1017 Joe Louis Ave., was charged Monday with battery-family violence.
• Allison Renee Arrington, 29, was charged Monday with probation violation.
• Jessica Maurice Colbert, 36, 241 Crepe Myrtle Road, was charged Monday with driving with a suspended license and two counts of probation violation.
• Willie Junior Hayes, 47, was charged Tuesday with vagrancy.
• Tylenski Keyshaun Breland, 27, 701 Third St. S.E., was charged Monday with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of a firearm while trying to commit a crime.
• Dexter Lamar Herring, 38, 1208 10th St. S.W., was charged Tuesday with violation of probation.
• Monica Evita Edwards, 28, 1738 Gatewood Circle, was charged Tuesday with disorderly conduct.
• Nathaniel Jerome Wiley, 37, 523 Apt. 5 27th St. S.E., was charged Tuesday with battery.
• Kreshonda Davis, 900 block Third Street Southeast, reported Tuesday that a male acquaintance entered her residence without her consent and pushed her into a glass cabinet. Davis told police that the cabinet and her cell telephone were broken during the incident.
• Melanie Wiley, 500 block 27th Street Southeast, reported Tuesday that a male relative hit her in the face
• Arnold Thomas, 1200 block North Main Street, reported Monday that a back door of Moultrie Alternator was damaged overnight.
• An officer on patrol discovered that a storage building at Dimensions Storage, 1915 N. Main St., had been damaged.
• Tonya Howard, 700 block Fourth Avenue Southwest, reported Tuesday that while parked in the 1100 block of West Central Avenue her 1999 Chevrolet Malibu was hit by another vehicle.
Doerun Police Department
• Demetrio Gonzales Solis, 31, Rossman Dairy Road, was charged with driving while unlicensed.
Berlin Police Department
• Israel Ciriaco, 28, Regency Village Lot 15, was charged Monday with driving while unlicensed.
Georgia State Patrol
• Jacob Artie Russell, 20, 1019 Holmes Drive, was charged Tuesday with driving without a license and no seat belt.