Two Norman Park boys have been charged in a Monday burglary in which $4,500 worth of weapons and ammunition were stolen from an East Gate Circle home.
A neighbor of Keller Betcher, of the 400 block of E. Gate Circle, reported a possible burglary at a nearby residence on Monday, and within a short time the two were taken into custody, Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office investigator Mike Murfin said.
“A resident in the area saw them walking with the firearms and notified law enforcement,” he said.
Most of the weapons were found at the tree line behind Brandon Lawhorne’s 384 E. Gate Circle residence, he said.
About $3,000 worth of the stolen property was recovered, sheriff’s reports said.
The stolen property included high-powered rifles, shotguns and pistols.
Lawhorne, 17, and an 11-year-old boy each were charged with burglary.
Moultrie Police Department
• James Fredrick Lane, 75, 60 Pine Valley Circle, was charged Monday with failure to appear.
Angeline M. Sinquefield, 31, 1310 W. Central Ave., was charged Tuesday with probation violation.
• Courtney Jermaine Spradley, 31, 1725 Sunrise Ave., was charged Tuesday with disorderly conduct.
• Gregory Leon Sloan, 57, 205 Dorothy St., was charged Tuesday with probation violation.
• Lakisha Lenette King, 27, 707 12th St. S.E., was charged Tuesday with identify fraud.
• Christie Battle, 38, 422 Taylor Road, was charged Tuesday with theft by shoplifting.
Battle is accused of concealing about $100 worth of merchandise in her purse inside Walmart, 641 Veterans Parkway S.
• Dana Edward McDonald Jr., 216 Savannah Way, Tifton, was charged Tuesday with probation violation.
Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office
• Mellissa Morgan Toske, 920 Second St. S.E., was charged Tuesday with deposit account fraud.
Doerun Police Department
• William Thomas Smith, 34, 517 Third St. S.E., was charged Tuesday with driving while license suspended and failure to stop at stop sign.
• James Allen Slaughter, 29, 1034 Seventh Ave. S.E., was charged Tuesday with two counts of probation violation.