Two women charged in an August robbery in which a video store employee was doused with pepper spray were among those indicted recently by a Colquitt County grand jury.
Christina Michelle Smithwick, 22, 802 Hillcrest Ave., and Miranda Weaver, 20, 7 Kingwood Gardens, were each indicted on one count of armed robbery.
They are accused of being involved in the Aug. 1 robbery outside Video Warehouse, 201 10th St. S.E., in which an employee was approached by a woman who asked to use the store telephone, and when told it was closed pushed her into a car and threatened her with a knife. The employee reported that she was sprayed with pepper spray and that cash from a deposit bag she carried was taken.
Police said that both Smithwick and Weaver were former employees at the store.
Smithwick is the alleged robber, while witnesses reported that a second woman, believed to be Weaver, was seen nearby in a Honda at the time of the robbery. The car was there for an hour, and police said that Weaver was supposed to be the getaway driver but got cold feet and left without Smithwick.
Smithwick was found a short time after the robbery in a nearby graveyard, where police said they also found the deposit bag and clothing worn in the robbery.
In other indictments:
• Eddie Harvey, 49, 209 Nona Drive; burglary.
• Cody Weldon, 18, 914 Seventh Ave. S.E.; criminal damage to property.
• Henry Andrew Newsome, 39, 290 Wilder Road; fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer, driving while license suspended, driving on wrong side of roadway, disregarding traffic control device, speeding and improper tires.
• Glen B. Harris, 56, 1101 Sixth Ave. N.W.; burglary.
• Clarence Allen Chafin, 43; burglary.
• Derek Rushing, 23, 608 Third St. N.W., and Torrence Tyrone Pinkins, also known as Darryl Wayne Burks Jr., 22; burglary, criminal attempt to commit a felony and two counts of aggravated assault.
• William James Roundtree, 56, 17 Seventh St. S.W.; terroristic threats.
• Mallory Green, 52, 607 10th Ave. S.E.; smash-and-grab burglary.
• Ga’Miveya Dozier, 19, 1000 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive; aggravated assault.
• Sparkie Bernard Fuller, 36, 618 Fourth Court N.W.; terroristic threats.
• Robert Allen Turner; aggravated assault.
• James Arthur Langley, 48, 1009 First Ave. N.W.; aggravated assault, terroristic threats and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
• Rickie Zeigler; possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
• Milton Ford III, 28, 125 Ninth Ave. N.W.; making a false statement.