Someone drove a vehicle through the cemetery of Leila United Methodist Church Saturday night, damaging several grave markers.
Patsy Hembree of Omega called the Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office at 9:30 a.m. Sunday to report the damage.
A deputy arrived at the church, located at 3079 Ellenton-Omega Road, and saw tire tracks that he said appeared to have been made by a large pickup. Multiple grave markers were damaged, he said, and it appeared the vehicle had gotten stuck and cut deep ruts over one of the markers as it worked its way out.
The sheriff’s office asks if anyone has any information about the destruction to please call the investigations division at 616-7430.
• A juvenile in the 700 block of Sixth Street Northwest was charged with being an unruly child Friday after an altercation with her mother.
• Derrick Lamont Smith, 27, 523 Third St. S.E., was charged Saturday with probation violation, bond jumping and a bench warrant.
• Keneshia LaShay Farrell, 27, 3109 Veterans Parkway S., was charged Friday with simple battery and cruelty to children in the third degree in connection with a Nov. 19 incident.
• Jerrell Ladell Madison, 31, of Thomasville, was charged Friday with probation violation.
• Ashley Marie Renzi, 21, of Thomasville, was charged Friday with probation violation.
• Eric Maurice Rowland, 26, 1300 10th St. S.W., was charged with probation violation.