Three civilians — one of them a Moultrie firefighter — detained a man running through the Walmart parking lot long enough for police to arrive and charge him with shoplifting.
Timothy Isiah Walker, 29, of Tifton was also charged with a probation violation warrant from Berrien County, Moultrie police said.
Police said a Walmart employee said she saw Walker leave the store Thursday evening with two televisions, a compter and a camera, but witnesses described him running through the parking lot carrying a TV. The three witnesses caught up to him at Zaxby’s and held him until police arrived.
• Joshua Lee Bennett, 24, 712 First St. S.W., was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Vinessa Gail Daniels 25, of Thomasville, was charged Wednesdsay with probation violation.
• Derek Hernandez, 42, of Tifton, was charged Wednesday with shoplifting.
Georgia State Patrol
• Maria Baltazar, 26, of Albany, was charged Wednesday with driving without a license and improper passing.
Doerun Police Department
• Willie Jakes Pitts, 28, 127 Quail Lane, was charged Thursday with driving when license withdrawn and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• David Bush, 400 block Paul Murphy Road, told deputies Wednesday he had just learned that someone had used his identification information to file 2006 taxes while he was incarcerated.
• Jennifer Casteel, of Valdosta, reported Thursday that a male relative damaged the driver side taillight of her vehicle during an altercation in the 1800 block of West Boulevard.
• Two vehicles at Shy Manor Apartments were damaged Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
A 1998 Ford Crown Victoria belonging to Winston Dewayne Revels and a 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe belonging to Margaret Grant were both seriously scratched with what appeared to be a sharp object. They were parked at the apartments on Shy Manor Drive. Grant lives in Apartment 1 of that address, while Revels’ mother lives in Apartment 2 there.
• Rose Andea Nicolas, of Moultrie, reported Wednesday that someone smashed her vehicle’s window with some kind of object while she was inside a friend’s apartment in the 500 block of 27th Street Southeast.
• Kendrick Ramon Brown, of Moultrie, reported Wednesday evening that someone had keyed his car while it was parked in the 500 block of First Street Northwest.