A Moultrie man reported being struck this week by a car driven by a girl called “Tank.”
Police were notified of the assault when victim Howard Nesmith went to Colquitt Regional Medical Center for treatment.
Nesmith, of the 900 block of First Street Southeast, told police that he was lying down at about 11 p.m. Wednesday when his daughter came in and reported that she had been assaulted.
Nesmith told police that when he walked outside the driver of a Ford Crown Victoria, whom he knows only as “Tank,” revved the engine and drove toward him. The car hit Nesmith in the legs and picked him up onto the hood of the car.
The driver then left, police said.
Nesmith was treated at Colquitt Regional Medical Center and released, a hospital spokeswoman said.
• Jimmy McCall, 51, 606 Second Ave. N.E., was charged Thursday with inhaling paint.
• Joseph Lee Lewis, 44, 816 Eighth Ave. S.E., was charged Thursday with no license, speeding and three counts of probation violation.
• Tony Roger Davis, 54, 1121 Carron Drive, Tallahassee, Fla., was charged Thursday with open container and drinking in public.
• Wanda Faye Smith, 61, 4146 Cottagewood Trail Tallahassee, Fla., was charged Thursday with open container violation, duty to obey officer and drinking in public.
• Brandie Lorrayne Young, 21, 114 Almyra St. Quitman, was charged Thursday with probation violation.
• Keith Dewayne Weldon, 48, 970 Circle Road, was charged Thursday with deposit account fraud.
• Angela Denise Smith, 26, 814 Joe Louis Ave., was charged Thursday with probation violation.
• Major Martin, 68, 2508 Funston-Sigsbee Road, was charged Thursday with simple battery.
He was arrested after his wife Veronica Martin reported that he hit and pushed her after she blocked a doorway to prevent him from leaving.
Veronica Martin told the officer that she was suspicious after Major Martin answered the telephone at 5 a.m. and then said he needed to take his grandson to football practice. Major Martin left and was arrested later.
Football physical conditioning sessions are held this time of the year and start at 6 a.m.
• Johnny Ralph Gary, 23, 1200 Fifth St. S.W., was charged Thursday with interference with a 911 call and criminal trespass.
• Amanda Nicole Meeks, 33, and Hector Arias, 31, both of 108 Sixth St. N.E., were each charged Wednesday with theft by taking.