A Colquitt County man reported striking with his vehicle a man who was in his yard when he arrived home in the early morning hours on Wednesday.
Marcus Tyler told a Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office deputy that when he got home at 2:13 a.m. to his residence in the 1700 block of Tallokas Street he saw someone standing by his wife’s car. Thinking that the man was there to commit a crime, Tyler pursued him in his vehicle.
As Tyler approached the man ran and Tyler followed him in his vehicle, sheriff’s reports said, at some time hitting the man with his vehicle, which had damage to the grill.
Another officer who went to Tyler’s residence found that the wife’s car was not there. It appeared, sheriff’s reports said, that the wife was sitting in her car talking with the man at the time, and that she left the residence when he ran from the scene.
No additional information was available on Thursday. The man was not found that evening and apparently had not showed up at the hospital seeking medical treatment.
Moultrie Police Department
• Angie Lee Williams, 49, and Shatoya Moore, 23, both of 204 Rowland Drive, and Shalamar Shalore Toombs, 27, 125 Edmondson Road Lot 9, were each charged Tuesday with theft by shoplifting.
• Kelley Marie Rainey, 24, 1730 Ga. Hwy. 133 N., was charged Tuesday with theft by shoplifting and trespass.
• Roberto Lopez, 28, 307 Second St. S.W., was charged Tuesday with no driver’s license.
• Brittany Lashae Harper, 19, 3220 Sylvester Drive, was charged Tuesday with no driver’s license and failure to stop at an accident with damage.
Police reports said that Harper left the scene of a 3:53 p.m. accident at Fifth Avenue Southeast and Veterans Parkway. Harper, in a 2001 Ford Ranger, drove into the side of a 2007 Mazda 3 driven by Teresa Spradley, who was in the right-turn lane, the reports said. No injuries were reported.
• Tomye Natesha Taylor, 20, 1018 Third St. S.E., was charged Wednesday with driving while license suspended, two counts of bad check and probation violation.
• Theron Willis, 51, 56 Meadow Lane, Thomasville, was charged Tuesday with two counts of probation violation.
• Jeremy Daryl Palmore, 24, 300 Ninth St. S.W., was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Cassandra Renee Collins, 37, 1920 Sardis Church Road, was charged Monday with driving while license suspended.
• Joseph Lee Moore, 47, 708 Seventh St. N.W., was charged Tuesday with burglary.
Sara Johnson, 700 block Pine Drive Southwest, reported that when she returned home at 10:45 p.m. Moore was eating a hotdog while seated on her couch. She told the officer that Moore entered through a back window and apparently did not take anything.
• Ophatrina Lorene Johnson, 24, 356 Mac Massey Road, was charged Wednesday with giving false information and two counts of probation violation.
• Lakeisha Renae Harris, 23, 311-C Ninth Ave. N.W., was charged Wednesday with theft by shoplifting.
Harris told an employee at Citi Trends, 6 S. Main St., and officers that she purchased a pink mini skirt earlier in the day and had come to return it, having left the receipt at her residence.
• Angelee Fender, 36, 385 Sleepy Bear Road, Norman Park, was charged Wednesday with battery (family violence).
Witnesses to a dispute at about 5:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 1700 block of First Avenue Southeast, reported that Fender hit, kicked and threw a drink on her mother, Betty Fender.
Angelee Fender told the officer that her mother attacked her and she defended herself.
Betty Fender had a black eye and other minor injuries, police reports said.
• Calvin Quintin Johnson, 45, was charged Wednesday with driving while license suspended.
• Tevin Denorris Fuller, 21, 318 Free Ave., Doerun, was charged Wednesday with driving under the influence (test refusal) and failure to maintain lane.
• Anthony Lamar Fields, 50, 846 Airline Road, Coolidge, was charged Wednesday with driving under the influence and speeding.
• Eddie Weaver, 61, 719 First St. S.W., was charged Thursday with driving under the influence and open container violation.