The Moultrie Observer
Two Colquitt County residents and two business employees reported they were recent victims of property theft. Items reported stolen included cash, air conditioning units, a pistol, a wallet with contents, a printer, a fax machine and paintings.
The value of the items reported stolen was about $11,440. Those who reported being the victims of property theft were:
• An employee at China Cafe on First Avenue Southeast reported a thief entered the restaurant through the drive-thru window and stole $1,000 cash between 9:30 p.m. Sunday and 10:10 a.m. Monday.
• An employee at B.J.’s Bar on Second Avenue Northeast reported a thief stole a window air conditioning unit, two paintings, a printer, a fax machine and an air conditioning unit between July 26 and 11:30 a.m. Monday. The value of the stolen items was $9,650.
• Jatavish Taylor, of Sixth Avenue Northwest, reported a thief stole a High Point 9 mm pistol from a bedroom Tuesday. The value of the stolen pistol was $300. Taylor gave officers the name of a male suspect.
• Eric Toomer, of Highway 270 West in Doerun, reported a thief stole his wallet, containing $450 cash, his license and two debit cards, from his repossessed Dodge Magnum between 7:30 a.m. Sunday and 9:23 a.m. Monday. The value of the stolen items was $490. Toomer gave sheriff’s deputies the names of a male suspect and a female suspect.
Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office
• Casey Weeks Carroll, 33, of 108 Wilson St. in Thomasville, was charged Monday with theft by taking.
• Corey Keith Massey, 21, of 238 Dandron Road, was charged Sunday with disorderly conduct.
• Shane Randall Strein, 23, of 712 Hillcrest Ave., was charged Saturday with giving false information to an officer and a bench warrant.
• Sergio Hernandez Hernandez, 23, of 389 Sardis Church Road, was charged Sunday with battery (family violence).
• Maleah Dawn Caldwell, 34, of 914 12th Ave. S.E., was charged July 27 with possession of a controlled substance, using a commercial facility during the commission of a crime and probation violation.