A man returned Wednesday to his Burt Horne Road residence after a stint in jail to find that someone had been staying at his house during the month he was away.
Bertran Aguilar, 100 block Burt Horne Road, reported Wednesday that the man, whom he knows, attacked him with a knife shortly after he arrived home.
But additional investigation by the Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office turned up no evidence indicating that Aguilar was assaulted.
Aguilar told officers that he had just returned home when the man drove a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder up to his residence at a high rate of speed.
When he asked the man what he was doing there he pulled out a knife and tried to stab him, but Aguilar escaped and ran back inside. The man then drove away, Aguilar reported.
Aguilar had two holes in his shirt, one on the left side and one in the stomach, and scratches in both areas, sheriff’s reports said.
Aguilar told officers that when he got home there was a large amount of beer cans at the residence.
When he asked his stepson about the beer cans, he told him that the man who came to the residence drank them and had been staying there during the time Aguilar was in jail.
Sheriff’s Inv. Chris Robinson said the he spoke with the man identified by Aguilar, who told him that Aguilar had threatened to get him in trouble with the law.
The man allowed a search of his car, residence and himself and no knife was found.
“We determined there was no physical evidence to determine an incident occurred,” Robinson said.
• Michael Bradley Anderson, 29, 3055 S. County Line Road, was charged Wednesday with failure to appear.
• Brittany Sue Medley, 20, 315-D Seventh St. S.E., was charged Wednesday with theft by shoplifting.
An employee at Walmart, 641 Veterans Parkway S., told police that he recovered a pair of shoes and pair of panties, with a total value of $25, from Medley’s purse.
• Glenn Austin Hall, 68, 404 Seventh Ave. S.W. Apt. D-1, was charged Wednesday with theft by deception and theft by receiving stolen property.
• Lance Dewey Kirkland, 43, 415 Nectar Road, Ty Ty, was charged Wednesday with theft by shoplifting.
He is accused of walking out of Walmart wearing a pair of shoes valued at $30 for which he did not pay.
• Kim Carroll, 47, 185 Ruth St., was charged Wednesday with no insurance and driving while tag suspended.
• Cathy Jean Sloan, 55, 490 Tommy Meredith Road, was charged Wednesday with no insurance.
• Pamela Yvonne Gaines, 43, 2014 Funston-Sale City Road, was charged Tuesday with probation violation.
• Angel Gonzalez, 21, 3312 Old Adel Road, was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Emmitt Roy Corbin, 51, 602 Ninth St. N.W., was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Christina Diane Walker, 38, 338 Dogwood Drive Lot A, was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Leah Kilgore, 1200 block Cannon Road, reported Wednesday that a man to whom she gave $300 on Feb. 20 to prepare and file her income tax returns has not given her the more than $4,000 refund to which he told her she was entitled.
Kilgore told police she has tried numerous times to discuss her refund with the man, and that he is giving her the “run around.”