Thefts reported to law enforcement agencies totaled more than $13,500 on Tuesday, with guns, farm equipment and a cast iron stove among the property stolen in the county.
In a burglary reported Monday, a thief made off with four rifles, four shotguns and four pistols from the residence of Waylon Griner in the 2700 block of Highway 202. The stolen property was valued at $8,125 and also included 15 boxes of ammunition, night vision goggles, Apple iPad and Gore-Tex leather boots.
In another theft case, Baker Farms, 3822 Ellenton-Norman Park Road, Norman Park, reported Monday that 22 farm tractor weights were stolen from the 1200 block of Ellenton-Norman Park Road.
The weights were valued at $3,080.
In other thefts:
• Keith Brown, 200 block J.P. Perry Road, Norman Park, reported Monday the theft of a Jennings pistol, $100 rounds of ammunition and change with an estimated total value of $71.
A suspect was arrested in connection with the burglary.
• Charlotte Dempsey, 300 block Cool Springs Road, Norman Park, reported Monday that a male acquaintance stole a sink, cast iron stove and a refrigerator from a residence in the 400 block of Darbyshire Road.
Dempsey told police that the man also damaged a peg board.
• Jerry Brock, 1300 block U.S. Highway 319 North, reported Tuesday that a female acquaintance stole clothes worth an estimated $201 from his residence.
• Joe Fitzpatrick, 200 block Tallokas Road, reported Tuesday the theft of a Porter-Cable combination set tool box, finish nailer tool box, circular saw tool box, Rheem tankless water heater and Porter-Cable framing nailer.
The total value of property stolen in the burglary was $1,975.
• Windstream, 282 Industrial Drive, reported Tuesday that someone has been stealing money from a drink machine, with a total of $90 taken on two occasions.
• Patrisia Leon, 29, 156 Deer Run, was charged Tuesday with failure to drive within a single lane and driving without a license.
• Tamika Tywan Hightower, 30, was charged Tuesday with parole violation.
• Sarah Marlene Norman, 31, 802 Branch Road, was charged Tuesday with two counts of probation violation.