“Those batteries I didn’t steal? I want to return them,” was the message a shoplifter had for a store employee Sunday evening.
Dollar General, 1908 First Ave. S.E., reported to Moultrie police that a man came into the store at about 8:15 p.m. and put two packs of Energizer batteries into his pockets.
An employee told police that when she confronted him the man denied stealing any batteries and walked out of the store.
A few minutes later he came back in and tried to return batteries using a receipt that he picked up off the ground.
The employee confronted the man and he again left. The employee was familiar with the man and gave police his name.
• Sandra Adams, 40, 414 11th Court N.W., was charged Tuesday with disorderly conduct.
Police were called at about 1 a.m. to the residence of Sandra and DeAngelo Adams, who told police that his wife became violent during an argument.
He reported that Sandra Adams hit her head on a cabinet as she went for a cutting object, and police said she had a bump on her head.
Sandra Adams refused to give her account of the incident and interrupted repeatedly as officers tried to speak with DeAngelo Adams, reports said, so Sandra Adams was arrested.
• Frankie McIntyre, 43, 1202 Highland Blvd., was charged Monday with driving under the influence, duty to obey and failure to stop at stop sign.
Police stopped McIntyre at about 6:47 p.m. near the intersection of Fifth Street and Fourth Avenue Southwest, where police said he failed to stop at a stop sign. McIntyre smelled strongly of alcohol, police said, and when an officer tried to take his wrist he ran away and ignored commands to stop.
Police caught up with McIntyre and he was taken to Colquitt County Jail, where a breath test indicated he had drunk more than the legal limit.
• Ciscero Wheeler JR., 34, was charged Monday with probation violation.
• Michael Shane Riggins, 39, 1003 James Ave., Tifton, was charged Monday with probation violation.
• Demetrius Bernard Sinclair, 28, 710 First Ave. S.W., was charged Monday with probation violation.
• Jeremy Daryl Pamore, 26, was charged Monday with probation violation.