Two Moultrie men were arrested in connection with a Wednesday assault that sent a man beaten with a bat to the hospital.
Jose Aguilar, 38, was beaten by two men when a fight broke out at the mobile home park on Regency Village Drive in a midday incident that apparently involved alcohol, Moultrie Police Department Inv. Raul Leal said Thursday.
“Pretty much there was a fight and two offenders basically beat up another subject with a weapon that resembled a baseball bat,” he said.
Aguilar suffered multiple injuries but was released the same day the assault occurred at Lot 21 in the mobile home park, Leal said.
“They didn’t specify what the fight was about, but what we do know is they were intoxicated,” he said. “These two beat him up and the other one didn’t put up any resistance.”
Pedro Navarette, 47, and Ramiro Flores, 29, both of the same address where the assault took place, were each charged with aggravated assault.
In other arrests:
• Quentin Shawn Cooper, 28, 1957 Sylvester Hwy. Lot 28, was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Demetrius Damarian Walden, 32, 619 Third Ave. S.W., was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Hortencia Aguilar, 29, 1405 Murdock St., was charged Wednesday with no license and failure to stop at stop sign.
• Willissa Nicole Wilson, 28, 205 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, was charged Wednesday with probation violation and Oneki Ryshawn Huckaby, 17, 607 Lazy Oaks Lane, was charged Wednesday with possession of marijuana.
Police reported that an officer who investigated a truck parked at 10:56 p.m. at Knuck McCrary Park found Wilson and Huckaby in the vehicle.
A check revealed that Wilson had an active arrest warrant on a charge of violating probation, police said. The officer also found suspected marijuana in the front seat of the truck and Huckaby told police it belonged to him.
Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office
• Roger Dale Macklin Jr., 19, 410-B W. Culpepper Ave., Doerun, was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Charly Nicole Hathcock, 25, 203 Deer Valley Drive, Albany, was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Oliver Perez, 20, 589 Circle Road Lot 46, was charged Tuesday with driving under the influence, open container and possession of alcohol by a minor.