A Colquitt County Correctional Institution inmate accused of spitting in the face of a guard faces felony obstruction and other charges related to the Friday incident.
Ravon Desean Thomas, 19, of Decatur, was charged Tuesday with simple battery, possession of a cell phone by an inmate and obstruction of an officer.
A guard caught Thomas with a telephone, Colquitt County Sheriff’s Inv. Mike Murfin said, and when confronted the inmate refused to obey staff member’s orders.
A physical confrontation ensued, Murfin said, in which Thomas bit and hit one officer and spit in another officer’s face.
In other arrests:
• Anthony Rhodes, 35, 260 Dick Traylor Road, was charged Monday with giving a false name or information to an officer.
Ronald Hudson, of the 2000 block of Georgia Highway 37 East, reported that a man stopped at his residence and asked if he could wash Hudson’s car before leaving in a Chrysler 300.
Later, an officer found the car on Lindale Avenue, where Rhodes was washing a car. The resident there said that Rhodes had permission to wash the car. At that time, sheriff’s reports said, Rhodes said that his name was Mark Bonner and that he was stopping at homes to wash cars to make extra money.
The officer was suspicious and checked the name, then returned to the Lindale Avenue residence with a second officer where they found the car but not Rhodes. At about 7 p.m. officers found Rhodes in a ditch near the intersection of Destiny Road and R.W. Bryant Road and he was taken into custody.
• Lori Gerrell Todd, 26, was charged Tuesday with probation violation.
• Michael Edward Ricks, 33, 169 Schramm Road, was charged Saturday with three counts of obstruction of an officer.
• Terry Anderson Jr., 22, 203 W. Union Circle, Doerun, was charged Tuesday with probation violation.
• Tammie Renee Alford, 48, West Robinson Avenue, was charged Monday with disorderly conduct and public drunk.