MOULTRIE — A Moultrie man reported being robbed Friday afternoon by a man who hit him in the head with a pistol while he was mowing a relative’s lawn in Southeast Moultrie.
Steve Purvis, of Moultrie, told police that a man approached him from behind as he was cutting grass at 1:30 p.m. in the 800 block of Ninth Avenue Southeast. The assailant apparently came out of a wooded area and was able to approach unseen.
Purvis told police that the man put the gun to the side of his head and demanded money. He gave the man the money out of his side pockets, but had trouble getting his wallet out because he also had a pair of pliers in that pocket.
The man apparently thought he was trying to stall and hit Purvis on the side of the head with the gun, police said. At that point the man ran back into the woods and Purvis ran toward the road.
The wallet and some of the money were dropped, police said.
In other assaults:
Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office
• Haley Paul, 400 block Sleepy Bear Road, Norman Park, reported Sunday that a male companion got in the driver’s seat while she was driving and tried to press the gas pedal.
Paul told the officer that the incident occurred at 2:48 p.m. in the 300 block of Yogi Bear Road, and that she was elbowed in the mouth as they struggled.
After Paul got out of the car, she reported, the man grabbed her by the throat and drag her back to the vehicle. She made it to a nearby yard and the man ran into the woods.
Paul told the officer that the man had been smoking crack and had not slept for two days.
Moultrie Police Department
• Nathan Williams, 40, 323 Third Ave. N.W., was charged Friday with battery and probation violation.
Williams told police sent at about 2 p.m. that he hit Albert Lee Tuff in the head with a porcelain dog.
Tuff had lacerations to the head, face and arms, police said, but refused medical treatment. Officers learned that there also was a warrant for Williams’ arrest on a probation charge.
• Cicely Sidney Wheeler, 32, 6 Sylvester Court, was charged Friday with simple battery.
• Latonya Denise Walker, 26, 721 Fourth Ave. S.E., was charged Friday with probation violation.
• Jennifer Landrum, 30, 12-B McDonald Court, was charged Saturday with battery.
Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office
• Lupe Elasio, 20, 162 E. Cook Road, was charged with disorderly conduct.
Elasio was arrested after April Tobar reported that Elasio broke the windows of her friend’s 1999 Dodge Caravan during an argument.
• Gerardo Alvarado Campos, 20, 125 Garden Lane, was charged Saturday with possession of alcohol by a minor and possession of marijuana.
• Brenda Cristal Soto, 17, 480 Christmas Road, was charged Sunday with driving without a license and brake and tail lights violation.
• Anthony Lamont Edmonds, 33, 1221 Elliot Brown St., was charged Sunday with probation violation.
• Sarah Marlene Norman, 29, 111 Janet St., Sparks, was charged Saturday with probation violation.
• Scotty Lee Long, 37, 939 Oak Hill Road, Thomasville, was charged Friday with probation violation.
• Roy Clifton Jansen, 47, 1098 Coleman Road, Hartsfield, was charged Friday with probation violation.
• Daniel Lee Williams, 45, 115 11th St. W., Tifton, was charged Friday with probation violation.
• Nora Ninfa Zapata, 39, 553 Newsom Road, was charged Saturday with driving under the influence, failure to drive within a single lane, driving without a license and failure to appear.
• Mario Lopez, 452 Dorminey Road Lot 2, was charged Saturday with pedestrian under the influence.