MOULTRIE — Staff reports
MOULTRIE — A Colquitt County man’s attempt Tuesday afternoon to outrun a pursuing deputy stalled when the motorcycle he was driving developed a mechanical problem.
Before taking a deputy on a chase that reached speeds of about 100 miles per hour, Marion Chadwick Wells dropped off a female passenger, said Lt. Randy Stephens of the Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office.
The motorcyclist drove through a yard and a field, dropping off the woman, and then fled from the deputy down Dunn Road. Just before that road intersects with Thigpen Trail the motorcycle began blowing out a large amount of either oil or transmission fluid and he was forced to stop, Stephens said.
The officer tried to stop Wells because he recognized him and knew that there was an active warrant for his arrest on a charge of violating parole, Stephens said.
Wells, 38, 2122 R.L. Sears Road, was charged with fleeing or attempting to elude police officer, reckless driving, speeding, driving while license withdrawn and the original probation accusation.
In other arrests:
• Martez Bent, 34, 701 Hillcrest Ave., was charged Dec. 19 with sale of cocaine and Waylon Joe Selph, 34, 235 Kendalwood Drive, was charged with possession of cocaine.
The men were arrested after a search warrant was served at 816 Eighth Ave. S.E., reports said.
• Oscar Favico Luna-Salazar, 21, 421 Still Road, Norman Park, was charged Sunday with driving without a license and improper passing.
• Gabriel Garfias, 63, Snellville, was charged Sunday with no insurance and failure to drive within a single lane.
• Joshua Shane Paul, 23, 477 Anderson Drive, was charged Friday with theft by taking.
• Juan Lopez, 34, 177 Cherry Ave., was charged Monday with open container in vehicle, driving without a license and driving under the influence.
• Angela Natasha Thomas, 37, 206 Cannon Ave., Albany, was charged Monday with theft by shoplifting.
• Christopher Archaleta, 29, 167 Still Road, Norman Park, was charged Friday with driving under the influence, open container in vehicle, no license and giving false name.
• Kirby Dewayne Fender, 22, 114 Colquitt St., Ellenton, and Timothy James Fender, 48, 114 E. Cleveland Ave., Ellenton, were each charged Sunday with disorderly conduct.
• Adam Bonfilio Martinez, 32, 656 May Ellis Road, was charged Friday with driving under the influence and driving without license.
• Angeline Singuefield, 32, 608 12th Ave. S.E., was charged Saturday with driving while license withdrawn.
• Ronnie Dean Crosby, 29, 7187 Hwy. 37 W., Hartsfield, was charged Dec. 19 with disorderly conduct.
• Martin Gonzalez, 28, 316 Tallokas Estates, was charged Sunday with driving while license withdrawn and seat belt violation.
• Junior Julian Perales, 18, 1361 Moore Road, Dixie, was charged Sunday with speeding and driving without license.
• Kamareey Kevon Zeigler, 19, 515 Oak Circle, reported Tuesday with loitering and duty to obey police officer.
• Eddie Jerome Seay, 57, 604 Cherokee Drive, was charged Tuesday with driving with suspended license and driving under the influence.
• Jose Gabriel Guera-Hernandez, 27, 2016 Fourth St. S.E., was charged Tuesday with no license and speeding.
• Justin Cory Truelove, 30, 408 Dean Mathews Road, was charged Tuesday with driving under the influence and fleeing or attempting to elude police officer.
• Sharrerika Sade Spradley, 21, 100 Prince Royal Lane Apt. 1907, Savannah, was charged Wednesday with driving with suspended license, two counts of children’s seat belt violation and failure to stop at stop sign.
• Eytwain Tykie Corbin, 28, 602 Ninth St. N.W., was charged with two counts of failure to appear and probation violation.
• Derwin Kurt Tillman II, 31, 610 Mial St., Clayton, N.C., was charged Thursday with driving under the influence (test refusal), failure to maintain lane and speeding.
• Jason Dewayne Barrett, 26, 170 Tucks Lane.
• Dana Edward McDonald Jr., 38, 216 Savannah Way, Tifton.
• Evan Dwight Johnson, 31, 2893 Palmyra Road Lot 4.
• Tony A. Overstreet, 31, 1112 10th St.
• Shannon Norman, Norman Park, reported Dec. 18 the theft of eight rims and tires, with a total value of $16,000 from the 4300 block of Cool Springs Road.
The 18-inch tires and John Deere rims are the property of Southern Valley Produce.
• Johnnie Summerour, 100 block Ruth Street, reported Friday the theft of Ted Williams and Stevens shotguns, a third shotgun, and a pistol and holster.
• Andrew Prince, 1900 block Allenville Road, Nashville, Ga., reported Monday the theft of a pair of Croc shoes, Bushnell rifle with scope, purse and $10 out of a 2009 Toyota Camry. The property, valued at $711, was stolen while the car was parked in the 2300 block of Highway 33 South.
• Barbara Wilson, 500 block Indian Lake Drive, reported the theft of a pickup bed cover for a Ford F-150, rope chain, rope chain bracelet, Figaro necklace, heart earrings, gold and silver tennis bracelet, silver necklace with heart, opal and silver ring, silver diamond necklace, electric razor, gold rose stem, gold necklace, men’s bracelet and medication.
• Jennifer Nieves, 700 block Overlook Drive, reported Tuesday the theft of $120.
Nieves told police that she suspects a juvenile male acquaintance, who used the bathroom in her residence, or the boy’s friend took the money.
• Allen Villanueva, 200 block Bay Branch Road, reported a burglary Wednesday in which an Xbox, Wii and plasma television were stolen.
• Murphy’s gas station, 505 Veterans Parkway S., reported Sunday that a man walked out with a 24-pack of Bud Light Beer valued at $20 without paying.
Police were able to identify a suspect by looking at video footage.
• Tabitha Lee, Mount Vernon, Ga., reported Monday the theft of a telephone valued at $600 that she lost in Moultrie.
• Malcolm Collier, 700 block First Avenue Southwest, reported Monday the theft of a smoker grill unit valued at $200.
• Denise Bell-Sellars, 100 block Loblolly Road, reported Monday the theft of a lost wallet and undetermined amount of cash.
• Ena Yepez, Moultrie, reported Tuesday that someone stole a purse belonging to Roselba Camacho that was taken from a shopping cart in the 600 block of Veterans Parkway South.