Home repair stores in Moultrie turned over phony money on Tuesday to police after two women made purchases at one of them and had the fake bills rejected at a machine at the second.
Lowes, 602 Veterans Parkway N., reported at 6:10 p.m. that earlier in the day two women bought merchandise with bills that later were found to be counterfeit.
About an hour later police were called to Home Depot, where the machine in the self-service had collected counterfeit money that two women tried to use.
The machine recognized that the money was no good and did not allow them to make the transaction.
The only description given of the two was that they were white females.
• Timothy Vanshon Thornton, 39, 438 Dunn Road, was charged Wednesday wtih burglary and theft by taking.
• Edgar A. Guzman, 25, 1975 Funston-Sigsbee Road, was charged Dec. 31 with driving under the influence, fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer and speeding.
• Flemmie Johnson, 61, 811 First Ave. N.W., was charged Tuesday with disorderly conduct.
• Dontavious Vantodo Collins, 23, 927 Fifth Ave. S.W., was charged Tuesday with failure to appear.
• Jy’Kuerious Deonzae Henry, 17, 1644 Hwy. 33 S., was charged Tuesday with simple assault.
• David Allen Faulk, 44, 842 U.S. Hwy. 319 S. Lot 10, was charged Tuesday with probation violation.
• Walmart, 641 Veterans Parkway S., reported Monday that a male shoplifter took merchandise and escaped from employees who chased him outside the store.
The value of the stolen merchandise was not known.
• Kakenisa Daniels, 1300 block U.S. Highway 319 North, Norman Park, reported Monday the theft of a 20-inch Next Chaos freestyle bicycle and a large black Beach Cruiser that were Christmas presents to her children.
Daniels told police that the bicycles had been chained to her front porch and were valued at a total of $235.
• Ricky Smith, 2100 block Highway 37 East, reported Tuesday the theft of a white tandem bicycle valued at $850.
Smith told police that a male acquaintance had borrowed the bicycle and it was on the man’s front porch.
When he later noticed the bicycle was not on the porch, he called the man who told him he had not moved the bicycle