Moultrie police officers investigating reports of women asking for money in parking lots on Wednesday -- and in one case getting inside a truck with a woman -- made one arrest.
In one case, Wilfred Naquin of Moultrie reported that when he returned to his truck 11:26 p.m. he found a woman inside with his niece, whom he had left there while he went inside Walmart, 641 Veterans Parkway S.
Darleen Naquin, 48, told police that the woman, later identified as Kimberly Leona Yon, asked her for money and then got in the back seat of the truck.
She was afraid for her life and tried to call 911, she told authorities.
When Wilfred Naquin called 911, he told police, the woman got out and walked away.
Yon, 34, 501 BCT Gin Road, Quitman, was found a short distance away and charged with trespassing.
Earlier in the day, customers at Harvey’s, 1209 First Ave. S.E., reported that a woman was asking for money in the parking lot.
Denise Horton of Moultrie told police that the woman claimed she needed $8 to get a motel room for the night for herself and her two children.
When police called the motel where the woman told Horton she was staying, they were told a woman with the same name had checked out that morning.
Another report was made of a woman asking for money who matched the description given by Horton.
Police searched the area for her but did not find the woman.
In other arrests:
• Danny Justin Lewis, 24, 152 Briar Road, was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Lakesha Nicole Simon, 500 Seventh St. S.W., was charged Wednesday with driving while unlicensed and headlight violation.
• Brandon Scot Darley, 31, 128 Blackjack Road, Bainbridge, was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Elijah James Christful, 40, 1002 Fifth St. S.E., was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
Georgia State Patrol
• Efren Leon Arellano 41, 303 Magnolia Ave., was charged Monday with driving under the influence, open container violation, failure to drive within a single lane, driving without a license and seat belt violation.
• Brittany Faircloth, Moultrie, reported Wednesday the theft of $300 from a 2002 Pontiac parked in the 1200 block of First Avenue Southeast.