The annual reunion of the descendants of William H. and Penelope Palmer, including the families of Sarah Ann Coble Williams, Charles H. Coble, Ardelia Coble Billiette, Mary Frances Coble Norton and Rena Mae Coble Wilder will be held Saturday, Oct. 13, at the Mizpah Primitive Baptist Church located in upper Grady County off Ga. Hwy. 112 North. This celebration will begin at 10 a.m., with a potluck luncheon being served at 12:30 p.m.. Please urge all family members to attend. For more information, please contact Dot Coble Schlabach at 229-294-1059.
New Elm Baptist Church Homecoming services, including the dedication of a new fellowship hall, will be held Oct. 14, at 10:30 a.m. Old friends are asked to bring favorite foods and stay for dinner. The 1:30 p.m. sing will feature “Three-4-One.”
St. James Free Will Baptist Church will hold a new free will conference. The event starts at 10 a.m. daily on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Local News
Marshals capture escapee from Colquitt County prison
A Colquitt County prison escapee was back in state custody Thursday morning after a little more than 24 hours of freedom and the woman accused of helping also was behind bars.
- Defendant and victim missing from hearing, found together
- The Parade at Cobblestone
- Tell us about your Christmas lights
- Charity seeks stocking stuffers
- Marshals capture escapee from Colquitt County prison
- Local Sports
- 7th-, 8th-grade teams get sweeps of Hahira
- Norcross stands between Packers and state championship game
- DE Reese quietly have fine year for Packers
- Ninth-grade boys hold off Worth County
- Pitts honored
Christmas rose is a true Christmas flower
December is here and the songs of Christmas can be heard at home, in the car and in the shopping centers. December is a cheerful month that brings out smiles and excitement from everyone. There are certain plants that are associated with Christmas and the Christmas rose is no exception.
- Gale Couch wins quilt raffle
- Artist Jean Gay places at Ga. National Fair
- Christmas rose is a true Christmas flower
- Mailbox Post
- Around the Region
Cancer Care grants help South Georgia groups
Cancer Coalition of South Georgia is a small nonprofit organization with a big mission – “…to prevent cancer and increase survival among the people of South Georgia.” So what’s the key to making a mission like this a reality? Cancer Coalition CEO Diane Fletcher says it’s all about relationships.
- Project urges compassion for elderly at Christmas
- Moultrian to star in 'Nutcracker'
- ABAC to present holiday concert Tuesday
- North Pole Express
- Cancer Care grants help South Georgia groups
- Christmas 2012
- Veterans Project
Video project focuses on the homefront
“Where were you on Sept. 11, 2001?” is a phrase that brings an immediate reaction in people and they can tell you right where they were. But before that, another phrase brought a similar reaction — “Where were you on Dec. 7, 1941?” — the day the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.
- See photos from Monday's Veterans Day service
- World War II battle changed Ubertacci's life
- Video project focuses on the homefront