A killer who wiped out a Colquitt County man’s rabbit pen was caught red handed when he became stuck in one of the rabbit’s cages and was unable to escape.
Duncan Sinclair, of the 500 block of Minisee Road, called the Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office on Saturday after discovering his rabbits had been killed by a dog.
Sinclair told police that his dogs were barking at something at about midnight the previous night but he did not check because of the late hour. When he checked the rabbit shed where the rabbits were kept at about noon Saturday he found rabbits had been killed.
When a deputy arrived the large dog was trapped inside one of the cages, sheriff’s reports said.
Sinclair asked several of his neighbors about the dog, but none claimed ownership of the animal. The Humane Society of Colquitt County removed the dog.
• Callie Bell, 3400 block Tallokas Road, reported Tuesday the theft of a pressure washer and a leaf blower with a total value of $440.
• Missy Vann, Hartsfield, reported Thursday the theft of property valued at $40 in the 1300 block of North Main Street.
• Hibbett Sports, 600 block Veterans Parkway South, reported Tuesday that a shoplifter stole merchandise valued at $55.
• Butts Construction, Camilla, reported Tuesday the theft of checks, one of which was forged and cashed at Plymel Foods, 800 Hwy. 133 S., for $475.
• Glen Saunders, Moultrie, reported Tuesday that a 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser, which belongs to his sister Verena Laporte, was stolen from the 2800 block of Fifth Street Southeast.
• Willie B. Jones, 63, 4137 Westgate Road, was charged Tuesday with probation violation.
• Jerome Leggett, 50, 629 Oak Circle, was charged Tuesday with probation violation.
• Ottis Leonard Hargraves, 60, 705-A Seventh Ave. S.E., was charged Tuesday with public drunkenness.
Marvin Webb, 411 East Gate Drive, reported Tuesday that a juvenile family member attacked Sonia Webb during a dispute.
The deputy who responded to the incident notified the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice, sheriff’s reports said.
• Sunset Elementary, 698 U.S. Hwy. 319 S., reported Friday damage to air conditioner access doors at two locations at the cafeteria and damage to an air conditioner unit at the gymnasium.
A hammer and screwdriver were found at the campus. No entry was made and nothing apparently was stolen.
Geraldine Crawford, 200 block Third Street Northwest, reported Tuesday that a 1999 Honda Accord was damaged overnight.
The car had a dent to the front door on the driver’s side and scratches on the rear door.