A Moultrie man faces charges after a woman reported he broke a window at her residence.
Tammi Ann Morrisett, first block Kingwood Garden Drive, reported to the Moultrie Police Department that David Popper became upset when she would not let him inside and that he hit a window with his fist until it shattered. Damage was estimated at $100.
Popper told the officer that Morrisett asked him over to help her put her motorized handicap cart into the shelter. Afterwards, Morrisett went inside and locked the door.
At that point, Popper reported, he knocked on the window and did not realize he was knocking hard enough to break it
Popper, 50, 18 Kingwood Garden, was charged with malicious mischief.
In other arrests:
• Timothy Dewayne Dean, 32, 1104 16th St. S.E., was charged Tuesday with probation violation.
Dean was arrested after an officer was called to a fight at 5:57 p.m. at Dean’s residence. Dean, who smelled of alcohol, reported that he had fought with a family member.
Family members said that Dean came home drunk and he used vulgar language toward them. The fight started when a family member confronted Dean on his behavior, police reports said.
• Brandon Quantarian Nixon, 27, 217 Third Ave. N.W., was charged Tuesday with shoplifting.
• Ricky Roy Edge, 45, 619 Fifth Ave. S.W., was charged Tuesday with probation violation.
• Fred Junior Hawkins, 28, 1020 27th St. S.E. Apt 10, was charged Tuesday with probation violation.
Hawkins was arrested after Kendra Arnold, 1200 block Sixth Avenue Northwest, reported that Hawkins assaulted her and fled with her cell telephone.
Arnold and a witness reported that when Hawkins opened the door Hawkins entered the apartment and hit Arnold.
Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office
• Sam Matthew Howard, 17, 706 Mills St., Doerun, was charged Tuesday with possession of marijuana.
• Eric Morgan Beck, 25, 3910 Sale City Road, Camilla, was charged Monday with terroristic threats and acts and parole violation.
• Calvin Bernard Yates, 39, 116 Watson Circle, was charged Tuesday with two counts of probation violation.
Moultrie Police Department
• Allen Hinton, 200 block First Avenue Southwest, reported Tuesday that the front door of his residence was damaged.
The residence was not entered and nothing was taken, police reports said.
• Rogers Appliance Service, 2707 S. Main St., reported Tuesday that a customer paid for services with a $226 check written on a closed bank account.