DOERUN, Ga. — The Annual Doerun Christmas in the Park will be 1-9 p.m. Saturday Dec. 7, in Bicentennial Park, near the Doerun water tower.
There will be food, entertainment, arts and crafts, a bouncy house and and a visit from Santa Claus. Something new this year will be the Nativity story presented by the Rev. David Benton of The First Baptist Church of Doerun.
Photographer Anna Benton will be on site to take pictures of children with Santa; she will email your child’s photos to you. Come out and capture that special moment of your child with Santa.
The 2019 Doerun Christmas ornament will be for sale, featuring the Hotel Doerun. A few remaining 2018 Christmas ornaments, featuring the Doerun High School, will also be for sale.
Entertainment will start at 1 p.m. This year’s schedule will be:
• 1 p.m.: Welcome by City Manager Kevin Branch.
• 1:30–2:15: CCHS Serenaders.
• 2:30–3:30: Christmas songs.
• 4-5: Jordan Poole (Elvis impersonator).
• 5:15–5:45: Brian Holt on keyboard.
• 6-6:30: Christmas story by the Rev. David Benton.
• 6:30-7: Doerun Elementary School Choir.
• 7-8:45: Arrival of Santa and Lighting of the Community Christmas Tree.
• 7:15-7:45: Local singers Buffy Hall, Mellanie Benton and Tasha Woods.
• 8-8:45: Brooke Pate, Charlie Pate, Cori Beth Brown & Caitlin Sutton.
A few of the vendors this year will be Gibbs Pecans, Southern Made Scents and More, Metal Art, Paparazzi Jewelry, Pecan & Peanut Brittle, Funnel Cakes, Door Hangers, Wreaths, Pallet Art, Wood Art, Christmas items, popcorn, candy apples, boiled peanuts and food vendor selling hot dogs, sausage dogs, hamburgers, grill cheese and chili and much much more.
For more info call the Doerun City Hall at 229-782-5444.