#cnn #news In a landmark decision, an Oklahoma judge on Monday ordered pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson to pay $572 million for its role in the state's opioid crisis.
The verdict issued by Cleveland County District Judge Thad Balkman marks the end of the first state trial attempting to hold a pharmaceutical company accountable for one of the worst health epidemics in history. In his ruling, Balkman said the opioid crisis has "ravaged" the state of Oklahoma.
As featured on
NORMAN, OKLA. — A New Jersey-based pharmaceutical company caused an Oklahoma opioid crisis that led to thousands of deaths, and must pay $572.1 million to fix it, a Cleveland County, Oklahoma, district judge ruled Monday.
This Week's Circulars
ST. AUGUSTINE, FL [mdash]JoAnne Harsh Meredith, 76, of St. Augustine was called home to her Lord, Monday, September 16, 2019. Cobb Funeral Chapel has been entrusted with arrangements.
MOULTRIE [mdash]Mrs. Annie Lamar passed away on Sunday, September 8, 2019. Funeral services will be held at Union Grove Baptist Church Monday September 16, 2019 at 11:00 AM
MOULTRIE [mdash]Mrs. Cynthia Wright (54) passed away on Friday, September 06, 2019. Funeral Services will be held at Grant Chapel AME on Saturday September 14, 2019 at 2:00 PM
MOULTRIE [mdash]Mrs. Linda Moore (54) passed away on September 07, 2019. Funeral Services will be held at Sinner Friend Baptist Church Saturday September 14, 2019 at 2:00 PM
OCHLOCKNEE [mdash] Billy Eugene Howell, Sr., 63, of Ochlocknee, GA, passed away on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at Archbold Memorial Hospital. Funeral Services will be held at Fredonia Baptist Church with Pastor Judson Maxwell officiating. He will be laid to rest at Fredonia Baptist Church …
- Packers fall in thriller to Valdosta 50-49
- Traffic stop leads to felony drug charges
- Greyhound bus service returns to Moultrie
- Alleged labor trafficking victim tells of mistreatment in Wisconsin, Georgia
- GSP declines to identify child hit by car
- Crime reports for Sept. 10, 2019
- Crime reports for Sept. 12, 2019
- Convicted rapist sentenced to life
- Moultrie City Council election: Posey challenges longtime councilwoman Castellow
- Drug team charges two women in separate cases