Vice President’s List
LAGRANGE, Ga. — Elizabeth Murphy and Lance Shealy of Moultrie, Ga., were recently named to the LaGrange College Spring Semester Vice President of Academic Affairs’ List. To be eligible for this honor, students must maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.6 while taking a minimum course load of 12 hours.
Georgia’s oldest private institution of higher learning, LaGrange College is consistently ranked among the South’s top colleges by U.S. News & World Report. A four-year liberal arts and sciences college affiliated with the United Methodist Church, LaGrange offers more than 70 areas of study with an emphasis on global engagement and service.
MACON, Ga. — Mercer University conferred bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees to more than 2,200 students representing 12 schools and colleges at four ceremonies during May in Macon and Atlanta.
Among the graduates were the following from Moultrie:
• Nicholas Cordista, School of Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
• Aurora Kirbo, School of Law, Juris Doctor.
• Terry Wetherington, College of Education, Doctor of Philosophy.
And from Norman Park:
• Katherine Key, College of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy.
• Steven Schroeder, School of Engineering, Master of Science in Engineering.
• Brianna Stone, College of Liberal Arts, Bachelor of Arts.
• Brianna Stone, College of Liberal Arts, Bachelor of Science.
Founded in 1833, Mercer University is a dynamic and comprehensive center of undergraduate, graduate and professional education. The university enrolls more than 8,700 students in 12 schools and colleges — liberal arts, law, pharmacy, medicine, business, engineering, education, theology, music, nursing, health professions, and Penfield College of Mercer University — on campuses in Macon, Atlanta and Savannah — and two regional academic centers in the Atlanta metro area.