Jacksonville State University
Elijah Curtis Massey named to honor's list
Jacksonville State University named 1,914 students to the President's and Deans' Lists for their outstanding academic performance during the Spring 2019 semester, including Elijah Curtis Massey of Moultrie, GA.
Massey is majoring in Music and was named to the Dean's List.
To be named to the President's List, a student must earn a perfect 4.0 GPA while attending full-time. Fulltime students earning a GPA of 3.5-3.99 are named to the Deans' List of their respective schools.
Moultrie students graduate
A total of 455 students received associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees during Thomas University’s annual Commencement ceremony held Saturday, May 11, on TU’s Forbes Campus. Bachelor’s degree students may earn the distinction of graduating Summa Cum Laude (3.9 cumulative GPA or higher), Magna Cum Laude (3.7 cumulative GPA or higher) or Cum Laude (3.5 cumulative GPA or higher). Associate of Arts degree honor graduates, indicated by the word “Honors” after their names, have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
Those from Moultrie graduating are:
• Ashley C. Beamon, Master of Education in Secondary Mathematics
• Dewayne D. Fletcher, Bachelor of Social Work
• Lark Krizan, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Luis Manuel Padilla, Bachelor of Science in Psychology
• Savannah I. Plymel, Master of Education in Secondary Mathematics
• Heaven Leigh Robinson, Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies
• Marqueal Thomas, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Magna Cum Laude)
• Douglas O. Yarbrough, Education Specialist in Teacher Leadership.
Christine Barber of Moultrie was named to the Dean’s List in the Mercer University School of Engineering for the 2019 Spring Semester.
The school’s curriculum is rigorous and requires a significant level of dedication for successful completion.
Jordan Forehand of Moultrie has been named to the President’s List at Emmanuel College in Franklin Springs, Ga., for the 2018-2019 spring semester.
To be named to the President’s List, a student must earn a quality point average of 4.0 during a given semester and be enrolled full-time.
Earning President’s List status is a high scholastic honor for students at Emmanuel College and is evidence of much hard work and motivation for learning.