A Moultrie business employee reported Thursday a thief stole an air conditioner from the business. This was the eighth air conditioning unit reported stolen from a business in just over a week.
In addition to the eight air conditioning units reported stolen from four separate businesses, a Moultrie resident also reported a window air conditioning unit was stolen.
The known value of the stolen air conditioners was about $41,600. Those who reported having air conditioning units stolen from them were:
• An employee at Jerry’s Appliance on First Street Northeast reported a thief stole a Rheem air conditioning unit between 11 a.m. Tuesday and 2:36 p.m. Thursday. The value of the stolen air conditioner was $7,000.
• An employee at H&S Supply on North Main Street reported a thief stole two Goodman air conditioning units between 6 p.m. Tuesday and 7 a.m. Wednesday. The value of the stolen air conditioners was about $7,000.
• An employee at Hair and Comb Salon on Fourth Avenue Southeast reported a thief stole a Bryant air conditioning unit between 6 p.m. Tuesday and 9:07 a.m. Wednesday. The value of the stolen air conditioner was about $3,600.
• Jennifer Richardson, 500 block Fourth Street Southwest, reported Sunday a thief stole a window air conditioner.
• Nicole Dennis reported a thief stole four air conditioning units from a business on 10th Street Southeast July 8. Dennis told police that when she got to work the building had no power, and a Moultrie city employee determined that power had been cut from the rear of the building and the air conditioners had been stolen. The value of the stolen air conditioners was $24,000.
• Kelvin Washington, 46, of 1610 Second Ave. S.E., was charged Thursday with possession of marijuana less than one ounce.
Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office
• Ronnie Dean Crosby, 27, of 1605 Mallard Road in Sale City, was charged Thursday with theft by receiving stolen property and theft by deception.
• Sandra Lee Langford, 46, of 138 Eureka Church Road in Chula, was charged Thursday with criminal trespassing, stalking and simple battery.
• William Ashley Crosby Jr., 19, of 1605 Mallard Road in Sale City, was charged Thursday with theft by receiving stolen property and theft by deception.
• Johnny Lee Brand, 54, of 1944 Second Ave. S.E. in Gainesville, Fla., was charged Thursday with forgery (first degree).
Georgia State Patrol
• Stephanie Sue Carey, 38, of 8 Sloans Village Way, was charged Thursday with driving with a suspended license and speeding.
• Vertice Slaughter reported someone broke out a window of a house on Ninth Avenue Southeast Thursday. Damage was about $150.
• An employee at Plymel’s Package on Fifth Street Southeast reported a known male customer cashed a fraudulent check Thursday. The amount of the fraudulent check was $375.50.