Colquitt County Farm Bureau will host a Meet the Candidates event at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, at the Colquitt County Farm Bureau meeting facility, 1899 Sylvester Highway.
The event is co-sponsored by Colquitt County Extension Service, the Colquitt County Young Farmers, and the Moultrie-Colquitt County Chamber of Commerce.
Invited are candidates running for:
• County Commission District 3: Marc DeMott and Bobby Johnson.
• County Commission District 5: Paul Nagy, Rocky Herndon, and Kem Lacey.
• County Commission District 7 (chairman): Mickey Key and Terry Clark.
• School Board District 5: Pat Anderson, Billy Taylor, and Jerry Holmes.
• Superior Court Judge: Brian McDaniel, Vernita L. Bender and Courtney Cain.
The event sponsors encourage the public to attend and are seeking questions for the candidates. Questions for the candidates can be submitted by email to Moultrie.email@example.com or mail to The Observer, P.O. Box 2349 Moultrie, GA 31776. Questions are needed as soon as possible.