In recent editions, The Observer stated that the mother of an alleged victim in a child molestation retrial filed for custody of another daughter shared by the defendant Joe Bolin Jr., when in fact in October 1999 the mother filed a petition to establish child support obligation and for a restraining order. In November 1999, a temporary court order was granted establishing temporary shared joint legal custody, temporary visitation rights and temporary child support. Bolin said Friday he was pursuing full custody of his daughter. The Observer regrets the error.
The Observer has also stated that court officials said Bolin was dishonorably discharged from the Marines. Bolin said Friday that he was not.
This Week's Circulars
MOULTRIE, GA.- Amarylis Blender Abercrombie Jordan, 76, of Moultrie, passed away Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at her home. Cobb Funeral Chapel has been entrusted with arrangements. Please sign the online guestbook at www.cobbfuneralchapel.com.
MOULTRIE [mdash] Union Morris, 66, of Moultrie, died Friday, April 9, 2021 at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
NORMAN PARK [mdash] Antonia Razo Gonzalez, 88, of Norman Park, died Saturday, April 10,2021 at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
- UPDATE: Woman identified in fatal Brooks wreck
- Driver returns stolen vehicle, is arrested anyway
- Wanted man almost slips away — three times
- Rush Propst saga plagues storied Valdosta Wildcat football program
- Crime reports for April 13, 2021
- Crime reports for April 14, 2021
- Female investigator continues family law enforcement tradition
- Army leads Packers in team-building exercise
- Couple charged with marijuana distribution
- Crime reports for April 16, 2021