MOULTRIE, Ga. — A Saturday night spat between a couple — whose domestic troubles had brought police to their residence three times in two days and who had been separated earlier that day — landed both of them jail on battery charges.
Sunny Jo Leon, 36, and Marcos Cruz Leon, 40, were arrested at their 513 Still Road residence and charged with simple battery. Marcos Leon told police that two deputies had taken his wife away from the residence earlier because they were fighting. After she came back, he reported, she hit him in the face.
Marcos had two knots on his head, police said, which he told them were from his wife hitting him two weeks earlier.
When the officer spoke with Sunny Leon she told him that Marcos Leon called her and asked her to come back home after they had separated earlier.
When she got home, she told police, he hit her in the face. Sunny Leon had a black eye, police said. She told them that she had been injured during another argument about a week earlier.
In other arrests:
• Lavar Weston, 37, 421 31st St. S.E., was charged Saturday with driving under the influence and reckless driving.
• Devin Brent Rowland, 20, 355 Massey St., Barwick, was charged Oct. 16 with possession of methamphetamine.
• Cesar Ramirez, 25, 22 Regency Village Drive, was charged Monday with driving without license.
• Melvin Robinson, 30, and Arlon Frederick Jr., 18, both of 405 W. First St. Apt. A, Adel, were each charged Friday with theft by shoplifting.
Robinson also was charged with giving false name or false information to a police officer.
• Shakunda Nekelia Lake, 41, 4428 Harris Road, Albany, was charged Friday with driving while license withdrawn.
• Reginald Francis Lide, 52, was charged Sunday with disorderly conduct.
• Cheryl Kay Hannah, 56, 1708 First Ave. S.E., was charged Saturday with violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act.
• Rufino Ramos, 17, 1208 13th St. S.W.
• Takiema Lashay Owens, 25, 441 30th St. S.E.
• Lisa Coop, 52, Moultrie, reported Friday the theft of her wallet containing $10 and a church credit card from First United Method Church, 408 First St. S.E.
Coop told police that after the theft some $600 in charges were made on the credit car, which later was canceled.
• Clay Kennedy, 100 block Sam Harrell Road, reported Monday the theft of a blue and silver 2008 Lifan GS200 motorcycle.
• Jeffrey Smitwick, 1000 block Sixth Avenue Southeast, reported Saturday the theft of property valued at $150.
• Lisa McHan, 53, Sweetwater, Texas, reported Friday the theft of 14 knives valued at a total of $300 that were on display at Sunbelt Agricultural Exposition.
• A city of Moultrie employee reported Friday that someone at a residence in the 1000 block of Fifth Avenue Southwest restored electrical power to residence after it had been disconnected.
• Brittany Thomas, 1100 block Grant Court, reported Sunday the theft of electronics valued at $98.
• Ryshell Williams, 600 block Fourth Avenue Southwest, reported Sunday the theft of property valued at $50.
• Virginia Jordan, 400 block Sixth Street Southwest, reported Sunday the theft of a Uniden surveillance camera valued at $200.
• Jennifer Self, 27, Boston, reported Saturday the theft of $2 and other property valued at $1 from a 2009 Honda Civic parked in the 1000 block Sixth Avenue Southeast.
• Kenrick Atkins, 100 block Doe Lane, reported Saturday that a female relative struck him in the face as he was driving Cool Springs Road. Atkins told police that the punch ripped his sunglasses off and that she tore his shirt when she got out of the truck. Atkins had no visible injuries, police said. While the deputy was speaking with Atkins, Angela Atkins called to give her side of the incident. She told police that she tore her husband’s shirt when he tried to push her out of the truck on Cool Springs Road.
• Janet Kelley, 1300 block U.S. Highway 319 North, reported Sunday that a male companion pushed her during an argument. Kelley’s son told police that the man also broke the back door by punching it and that he also saw him push her.
Michael P. Long, 36, told police that he did not remember what happened during the incident. Police arrested him and charged him with simple battery.
• Mary Pipkin, 48, Moultrie, reported Friday that someone made fraudulent charges on her debit card.