MOULTRIE -- A man from Texas reported he was assaulted Thursday morning by an unknown person.
Carlos Gonzalez reported the assault occurred while he was in the Forest Hills area of Moultrie. Gonzalez was staying at the Moultrie Inn while visiting Moultrie from Mount Pleasant, Texas.
Police reports said Gonzalez pulled into a residence in the Forest Hills area at about 3 a.m. Thursday. As he got into the area, someone ran up to him and hit him once in the face with a handgun.
Police reports said the blow cut his lip and broke one of his teeth. The cut required stitches on both the outside and inside of Gonzalez's lip.
Gonzalez went to Colquitt Regional Medical Center after he reported the incident to police officers, reports said. A hospital spokesperson said he was treated for his injuries and released Thursday.
Reports said Gonzalez described the attacker as a tall, slender and bald black male.
- Michael Dewayne Smith, 19, of 279 Tallokas Estates, was charged Wednesday with theft by shoplifting.
- Ricky Demont James, 48, of 905 Ninth Ave., N.W., was charged Wednesday with simple battery.
- Kareem Daniels, 24, of 212 Seventh Ave. N.W., was charged Wednesday with being a habitual violator.
- Brenda Wisham Arnold, 41, of 1022 Howell Road in Doerun, was charged Wednesday with issuing bad checks.
- David Dewayne Spradley, 22, of 119 Fourth St. S.W., was charged Monday with probation violation and giving a false name to officers.
- Rosalyn Shamea Green, 25, of 818-A Fifth St., was charged Tuesday with obstruction.
- Rodrigo Lopez, of Coventry Circle, reported three unknown persons attempted to open a window of his residence Thursday. The three men left the residence before they were able to enter the residence, and Lopez was not injured.
- Lloyd Johnson, of Bear Creek Road in Norman Park, reported an unknown person stole seven long guns, a Honda four-wheeler, a gold watch and a DVD player between Sept. 21 and 5 p.m. Wednesday. The total value of the stolen items was estimated at $8,600.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
Vera Doris Webb Brown, 88, of Norman Park, died Thursday, July 22, 2021 at Cobblestone Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
Eulalia Frometa Duvergel, 57, of Moultrie, passed away Sunday, July 25, 2021, at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
Floyd Farmer, 65, of Moultrie, died Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at PruittHealth- Magnolia Manor. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
- Crime Reports for July 23, 2021
- Business owner, brother face drug charges
- Crime Reports for July 22, 2021
- Crime reports for July 26, 2021
- Crime Reports for July 21, 2021
- Man still wanted after pursuit downtown
- Gang member and associates charged for attempting to bring contraband into jail
- Man shot in shoulder during argument with son
- UPDATE: All county roads now open
- Sterling Physician Group welcomes 5 new physicians