A Moultrie man was arrested after he allegedly shot himself in the side during an argument Monday night.
Mario Jimenez Crescencio, 34, of Lawrence Road, was charged with criminal use of a weapon with an altered identification.
A Colquitt County sheriff’s deputy was called to a house on Indian Lake Subdivision Road about 9:20 p.m. Monday about an unwanted guest. The deputy spoke with Anna Garcia, and Crescencio was seen at the back door on his knees and holding roses.
Through a translator, Garcia stated Crescencio and she had lived together, but she had kicked him out about two months ago. He had been trying to get back with her since then, and she said he had a handgun with him when he had come over earlier Monday night.
Garcia stated she and Crescencio began to argue, and he pulled out the gun and pointed it at himself, firing once. The bullet hit him in the left side but did not cause serious injury, although Colquitt County EMS was called to the scene.
A second deputy found the Taurus .38-caliber handgun Crescencio had fired, and it was found the serial number had allegedly been scratched off. After being checked by EMS, Crescencio was placed under arrest and taken to Colquitt County Jail, being placed under a suicide watch following the incident.
• Joanne Reed, 61, of 726-B Fourth St. N.W., was charged Monday with trespassing.
• Tonya Gail Bynum, 30, of 151 Bob Hiers Road, was charged Monday with theft by shoplifting. She allegedly tried to steal a variety of items, valued at $115.66, from Wal-Mart on South Veterans Parkway.
• Keith Vashon Harris, 37, of 113 Fifth St. N.W., was charged Monday with driving with a suspended license, no proof of insurance and driving with a suspended tag.
• Lashona Kirk, 33, of 1515 Fourth Ave. N.E., Apt. D-6, was charged Monday with disorderly conduct.
• Paula Harper, 48, of 1505 First Ave. N.E., was charged Monday with disorderly conduct.
• Javier Castillo, 26, of 1304 Sixth Ave. S.W., was charged Tuesday with DUI and failure to maintain lane.
• Bobby Lee Dawson Jr., 21, of 115 14th St. S.E., was charged Tuesday with headlights required, a seatbelt violation, DUI and driving with an expired license.
• Victor Manuel Villanueva, 22, of 515-B W. Central Ave., was charged Monday with burglary.
• Adrian Montes Cruz, 23, of 561 Roundtree Bridge Road in Norman Park, was charged Sunday with simple battery.
• Gerardo Montes Cruz, 27, of 561 Roundtree Bridge Road in Norman Park, was charged Sunday with simple battery.
• Lalana Adele Henderson, 33, of 1122 D.H. Alderman Road, was charged Monday with two counts of forgery (first degree).
• An employee at Colony Bank on North Veterans Parkway reported finding a counterfeit $20 bill during a transaction Tuesday.
• Shantara McGee, of Fourth Avenue Northwest, reported a thief stole a Microsoft Xbox, a Nintendo Wii, 20 video games and a bag of children’s clothing between 11 p.m. Sunday and 6:03 p.m. Monday. The value of the stolen items was $1,100.
• An employee at Quick Mart on Highway 133 South reported a thief broke out a window and stole cash and several cartons of cigarettes Tuesday. The value of the stolen items was about $2,462.
• Jason Tucker, of Highway 37 West in Hartsfield, reported a thief stole a mini motorcycle and his expired driver’s license between 7 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Monday. The value of the stolen items was $151. Tucker gave sheriff’s deputies the name of a male suspect.
• Maranda Weathers reported Monday a thief cut up the carpet, knocked holes in several walls and stole a refrigerator and a stove from her rental property on Herman Simmons Road in Doerun. Damage and the value of the stolen items was $1,500. Weathers gave sheriff’s deputies the names of two suspects.
• Terry Grant, of Dean Matthews Road, reported someone scratched and dented the roof of his Chrysler 300 between 10 p.m. Saturday and 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Tiffany Harris, of Sylvester Drive, reported someone broke out a window between 10 p.m. Friday and 7:40 p.m. Sunday.