A Meigs man was arrested after he allegedly yelled at a Wal-Mart employee trying to chase down a shoplifting suspect Saturday night.
Scotty Joseph Cannon, 21, of 6263 Lower Meigs Road in Meigs, was charged with disorderly conduct.
Moultrie police officers were called to Wal-Mart on South Veterans Parkway at 9:13 p.m. Saturday about a shoplifter. Officers met up with a store employee, who stated a white female suspect had shoplifted with the assistance of two other people.
The employee told officers he was chasing the suspect on foot as he was speaking with E-911 about the incident. While reporting the shoplifter, Cannon allegedly began yelling threats, profanities and racial comments at the employee before leaving the scene.
Officers placed Cannon under arrest following a traffic stop, and he was taken to Colquitt County Jail. It was not known if the items reported during the shoplifting were recovered, and the incident was being investigated related to other shopliftings at other Wal-Mart stores.
• Haley Spring Wiggins, 32, of 6166 Highway 111 N. in Pelham, was charged Friday with theft by shoplifting. She allegedly tried to steal various items, valued at $44, from Wal-Mart on South Veterans Parkway.
• Jose Santos Hernandez Garcia, 22, of 4756 Highway 133 N. in Doerun, was charged Friday with an open container violation, driving without a license and DUI.
• Marvin Dewayne Watts, 39, of 183 Weathers Road, was charged Friday with speeding and driving with a suspended license.
• Lucero Avila, 27, of 135 Plum Nelly Lane in Norman Park, was charged Friday with driving without a license and tag lights required.
• Jessie Lee Bullock, 57, of 234 Sylvester Drive, was charged Friday with DUI (second offense), driving without a license, no proof of insurance, defective equipment and driving with an expired tag.
• Robert Lashon Harris, 22, of 730 Sixth St. N.W., was charged Friday with tag lights required and driving with a suspended license.
• Gregorio Lopez, 32, of 1333 Jefferson St., Lot 86, in Quincy, Fla., was charged Friday with driving without a license, defective equipment and a child restraint violation.
• Chedricka Strum, 18, of 517 Eighth St. S.W., was charged Saturday with simple battery.
• Obed Chang Rodriguez, 32, of 446 31st St. S.E., was charged Saturday with headlights required and no proof of insurance.
• Benjamin Ray Fuller, 41, of 404 Lawrence Way, was charged Saturday with speeding and DUI.
• Cesar De Leon Garcia, 22, of 589 Circle Road, Lot 41, was charged Sunday with driving without a license.
• Joel Gonzalez Jr., 18, of 3109 S. Veterans Parkway, Apt. E-4, was charged Sunday with disorderly conduct.
• Eytwain Tykie Corbin, 25, of 1212 W. Central Ave., was charged Sunday with simple battery (family violence).
• Jasmaa Takisha Pittman, 22, of 1342 Summer Circle, was charged Sunday with driving with a suspended license.
• Atticus Jones, 50, of 141 Ninth Ave. N.W., was charged Monday with tag lights required, failure to revalidate a tag and failure to appear.
Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office
• Nicornor Jose Luna, 21, of 657 Circle Road, Lot 18, was charged Thursday with being a pedestrian under the influence. He was also charged Saturday with disorderly conduct and criminal trespassing.
• Michael Lee Willis, 43, of Omega, was charged Wednesday with five counts of forgery (first degree), criminal attempt to manufacture methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, making an improper turn, reckless driving and attempting to elude an officer.
• Jerry Wayne Taylor Jr., 31, of 215 Wilder Road, was charged Wednesday with public drunkenness.
• Roy McGinnis Jr., 49, of 1361 Woodmen Road, was charged Wednesday with possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana less than one ounce.
• James Ralph Stanfill, 40, of 238 Suwanee Road, was charged Saturday with theft by taking.
Georgia State Patrol
• Kwaki Chemento Copeland, 28, of 426 Pine St. in Doerun, was charged with DUI, driving without a license on his person, leaving the scene of an accident, driving with an expired tag and failure to maintain lane.
• Syrrina Ann Mahoney, 21, of 503-F E. College Circle in Doerun, was charged Sunday with disorderly conduct.
Norman Park Police
• Sherry Lynn Evans, 32, of Norman Park, was charged Saturday with driving with a suspended license and a seatbelt violation.
• Rosetta Baker, of First Avenue Northwest, reported someone damaged three bricks in front of her fence between 6 a.m. and 4:49 p.m. Friday. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Wanda Spar, of Seventh Street Northwest, reported a thief stole a kitchen table, a china cabinet, two beds, a stove and a dresser between 8 a.m. Wednesday and 5:09 p.m. Friday. The value of the stolen items was estimated at $1,000.
Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office
• Eric Terry, of Sumner Road, reported a male acquaintance scratched an obscenity onto the driver’s side of his Chevrolet Cavalier Saturday.
• Darrell Griffin reported a thief stole his pit bull dog from a friend’s yard on Highway 133 South between 11 p.m. Wednesday and 7:30 a.m. Thursday. The value of the stolen dog was $1,000.
• Katharina Palmore reported a thief stole an LG cell phone from her purse while she was at Colquitt County High School on Park Avenue between 10:55 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. Wednesday. The value of the stolen cell phone was $200.