MOULTRIE, Ga. — A Moultrie man fled from a traffic stop July 14, but he didn’t get far.
Colquitt County Sheriff’s Investigator Ronald Jordan pulled over a 2017 Nissan Altima on Highway 37 East near Home Depot at 9:34 p.m., he said in his incident report. Jordan said the car was failing to stay in its lane and ran off the road a couple of times.
Once the car was pulled over, Jordan walked up and asked the driver to roll down his window. The driver drove away instead and ran the red light at Highway 37 and Veterans Parkway.
Jordan said the car apparently hit the curb on the roundabout at Fourth Avenue Northeast and Rowland Drive. It was damaged, and the driver bailed out near Clay Street. He ran from the scene but was caught by Moultrie police.
Quincy Quinn Thornton, 39, 701 Sixth St. S.E., was charged with DUI, failure to drive in a single lane, fleeing and attempting to elude an officer, reckless driving and open container.
• Milton David Barfield, 46, 128 Covey Lane, was charged July 16 with being a fugitive from justice in connection with a Louisiana case.
• Jamaal Rashid Jackson, 37, 669 J.L. Stuart Road, Norman Park, was charged July 16 with criminal trespass (family violence) and disorderly conduct.
• Jessica Kandis Cloud, 40, 1924 Highway 37 East, was charged July 16 with misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of Ecstasy. Derrick Lamont Smith, 33, 1010 Sixth St. S.E., was charged in the same incident with driving without a license, expired vehicle tag or decal, and failure to drive in a single lane. Smith’s 2007 Kia Optima was stopped by officers in the 1700 block of Funston-Sale City Road.
• Stevie Gomez, 41, 298 Beaty Road, was charged July 15 with probation violation and violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act.
• Leon Horace Shank, 45, 156 W.E. Hart Road, Berlin, was charged July 15 with violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act.
• George Darrell Partin, 56, 214 Shady Grove Road, was charged July 16 with being a fugitive from justice in connection with a Lafayette County, Ga., case. He was also charged with DUI, driving while license withdrawn and defective equipment.
• Nathaniel Jerome Wiley, 36, 216 Fourth Ave. S.W., was charged July 16 with driving while license withdrawn and speeding.
• Ryan Douglas Bobo, 34, 283 Demott Subdivision Road, was charged July 14 with theft by taking, unlawful conduct during a 911 call, bondsman off bond, open container and stalking.
• Leah Denetra Reynolds, 26, 3109 Veterans Parkway South, was charged July 15 with theft of lost or mislaid property.
• Brittni Leddon, 24, 128 Dunn Road.
• April Lynn Teasley, 38, Dalton.
• Francisco Moctezuma, 23, 504 Rossman Dairy Road.
• Donald Eugene Carey, 69, 141 Doe Lane.
• Sha-Lee Rose Vinson, 23, 2308 Sylvester Drive.
• Christopher Lee Jones, 34, 1052 Perry Road.
• Laporchia Danielle Doliet, 27, of Albany.,