EDITOR'S NOTE: After this story ran, police found Bobby Rashaun Grant, whom this story identifies as a suspect because officers found his driver's license in the car from which the suspect fled. It turns out Grant's driver's license had been stolen and he was not the man who got away from Thomas County deputies but left a bag of suspected drugs in the car. The investigation is still under way.
Moultrie police helping Thomas County hunt for a drug suspect who abandoned a car arrested the car’s owner on marijuana charges when they went to her place of work.
The Thomas County Sheriff’s Office is searching for Bobby Rashaun Grant, who is accused of fleeing on foot after a deputy stopped him on Tuesday on U.S. Highway 84 Bypass. Police said that Grant dropped a package containing suspected cocaine and marijuana as he ran across two lanes of traffic from the El Camino which was occupied by one passenger.
On Wednesday, several Moultrie Police Department officers went speak to Lakeisha Michelle Nunn at her job in the 500 block of 27th Street Southeast.
A drug agent who was among them thought he smelled the odor of marijuana coming from the counter, on top of which there was a black bag. Nunn told officers that the bag belonged to another employee, but that employee denied it was hers, police said.
Nunn picked up the bag and squatted down behind the counter, and when she opened it the odor became more intense, police said. When the owner of the business gave consent to search, officers found a Juicy Fruit gum container on a shelf behind the counter. A small amount of suspected marijuana was inside.She eventually admitted that it belonged to her, police said.
Nunn, 27, 540 27th St. S.E., was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana.When questioned about her El Camino, she told police that she did not know who was driving it on Tuesday.
In other arrests:
• Antonio Juan Green, 42, 218 Liberia Way, Pelham, and Kori Keshun Adams, 34, 823 1/2 Ninth Ave. S.E., were each charged Tuesday with possession of cocaine and possession of marijuana. Green also was charged with violating the state’s window tint law.
Police said the men were in a 2000 Toyota Avalon at about 3:20 p.m. in the 600 block of 10th Street Southeast.
• Pamela Olivia Moye, 37, 725 Herndon Road, was charged Wednesday with theft by shoplifting.
Georgia State Patrol
• Minglo Sanhanto, 59, 735 Chitty Road, was charged Wednesday with four counts failure to appear, driving without license and improper left turn.
• Walter Lemon Treanor, 32, 300 Baron Road, Pelham.
• Milton David Barfield.
• Lyle West, 700 block Seventh Avenue Southeast, reported Wednesday the theft of property valued at $370.
• Charles Kilgore, 500 block Highway 33 South, reported Wednesday the theft of property valued at $975.
• James Witt reported an incident of financial transaction card fraud.
• Monquella Collier, 200 block 31st Avenue Southeast, reported that a male family member pushed her.
Victoria Williams, 31, Moultrie, reported that a 2007 Dodge Magnum was damaged while parked in the 1200 block of Sixth Avenue Northwest.