MOULTRIE -- Believed by prosecutors to be a member of the Miami Boys Gang, Gary Lewis, 30, 545 27th St. S.E., has been indicted on one count cocaine sale for alleged offenses occurring at 1326 W. Central Ave., Oct. 8.
Lewis and two co-defendants also have been charged with aggravated assault for allegedly shooting Tywan Wright in the shoulder in December within the 800 Block Second Avenue Southwest. Prosecutors said they believe Lewis is part of the Miami Boys Gang, court records said. That case has yet to come before a grand jury.
The following cases are the remaining felony indictments in Colquitt County Superior Court for the March session of the grand jury:
- Amentez A. Slaughter, 18, 218-A Third St. S.W., was indicted on four counts of burglary and two counts of attempt to commit burglary allegedly involving six homes in Southwest Moultrie in December and January. Two of the six houses allegedly involved are the homes of two law enforcement officers, Assistant District Attorney Brian McDaniel said.
- Charles Eugene Harrison, 41, 281 Dogwood Dr., possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, carrying in a concealed weapon allegedly in February after a November conviction of theft by taking. Harrison also was indicted on one count theft by taking for an alleged September offense, one count methamphetamine possession allegedly in December, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- William Boyd McMurphy Jr., 26, Adel, two counts theft by receiving stolen property for allegedly knowingly receiving a stolen 1979 Mercury Grand Marquis in December, property of Danny Whaley.
- Julie E. Howell, 86, 739 Tillman Road; Leon A. Merritt, 22, 739-A Tillman Road, and Matthew Sammons, 1597 Lanier Road, each were indicted on 10 counts first degree forgery. The three defendants allegedly forged nearly $2,700 worth of checks on the account of the Rev. Lennon Howell. The same defendants also were indicted on one count theft by taking for allegedly stealing $1,800 worth of property of Johnny Holloway.
- Carl E. McClelland Jr., 34, 218 Cedar St.; Crystal L. Barfield, also known as Crystal L. Folsom, 27, 315-D Seventh St. S.E.; and Ramon R. Bright, 24, 500 Block of First Street Southwest, were indicted on 13 first degree forgery counts for allegedly forging more than $3,600 worth of checks on the account of Bi-Lo Auto Sales, LLC. in January.
- Carlos Brown, 23, Cordele, was indicted on interference with government property, misdemeanor theft by taking and misdemeanor theft by receiving stolen property for allegedly damaging fire protection gear and allegedly stealing batteries from Bay Rockyford Volunteer Fire Department in January.
- Jimmy Jerome Lewis, 41, 1311 First Ave. N.W., was indicted on one count burglary for allegedly illegally entering Cole Warehouse #2 in January.
- Eddie Sanchez Martin, 19, 217 Sixth St. N.W., was indicted on two counts sale of cocaine sale stemming from alleged incidents in April and November.
- Jason Bromberger, 26, 1013 Fourth St. S.W.; Jamie Nicole Johnson, 20, 947 Tillman Road; and Casey Ryan Lewis, 22, 477 Ga. Highway 111, Hartsfield, were indicted on one count each methamphetamine possession, misdemeanor marijuana possession and one count possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
Bromberger also was indicted along with co-defendant Jeffery W. Mercer, 31, Cleveland, Ala., for alleged methamphetamine possession in May. Bromberger also faces charges of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and misdemeanor traffic offenses.
- Michael Radford, 48, 325 Hall's Trail, was indicted on one count methamphetamine possession and misdemeanor obstruction for alleged offenses occurring Jan. 19.
- Kenji Fuller, 26, 519 Serena Drive, Norman Park, and Avery Fuller, no information, were indicted on one count each cocaine possession for an alleged incident on Sept. 26. Fuller additionally faces one count attempting to allude an officer, misdemeanor cruelty to children and misdemeanor traffic counts. Fuller pleaded guilty in March to other charges of cocaine sale and was sentenced to eight years probation, court records said.
- Diane Flemming, 42, 222 Sixth St. S.W., was indicted on one count cocaine possession for an alleged Jan. 5 offense, plus misdemeanor charges of giving a false name to law enforcement and obstruction.
- Victor Shanon Williams, 23, 400 First Ave. S.W.; was indicted on one count marijuana possession with intent to distribute, one count possession of methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) with intent to distribute and one count cocaine possession with intent to distribute. Co-defendant Alonzo B. Williams, 32, 207 Hillcrest Ave. S.E., was indicted with marijuana possession with intent to distribute and two counts misdemeanor obstruction. Co-defendants Jeremiah L. Williams, 28, Moultrie ; Eric Boyd, 25, 413 Fourth St. S.W.; and Tremaine Tyler, 27, Moultrie, were indicted on one count each cocaine possession.
- Roy Adam Butler, 21, 5382 Thigpen Trail, theft by receiving stolen property, allegedly a stolen Yamaha four-wheeler in December, property of Timothy Duke.
- Xavier Sherrod Yates, 32, 805 Second Ave. S.W., was indicted on one count cocaine sale for alleged offenses on Second Street Northwest April 10, 2004.
- Dana Williams, 129 Stephenson Lane, was indicted on deposit account fraud. Williams allegedly wrote a bad check for $1,666.79 to Circuit Board.
- Robert Gadston Moore, 25, 151 Mae Road, and Kayla Louise Hiers, no information, were indicted on one count first degree forgery for allegedly forging a $10 check on the account Sam Summerlin in November. Moore also was indicted on misdemeanor theft by taking for allegedly stealing a wallet in November.
- Belinda Richardson, 25, 804 Northside Drive, 25, was indicted on one count first degree forgery for allegedly trying to cash a check at Plymel's Package Store, 205 Fifth St. S.E., for $1,344.70 written to Randy Robinson.
- Kathy D. Medina, 50, 307 Blackberry Lane, was indicted on one count entering a motor vehicle with intent to commit a theft.
- Karen Renee Butler, 39, Pelham, was indicted on possession of crack cocaine allegedly in October.
- Demario Jarrod Myers, 19, 805 Second Ave. S.E., was indicted for marijuana possession with intent to distribute for alleged offenses on Dec. 19 within the 400 Block 30th St. S.E.
- Tommy Dennis Edmonds, 21, 1419 Gene McQueen Road, was indicted on possession of marijuana with intent to distribute allegedly in front of the Moultrie Police Department.
- Christina M. Chamberlain, 27, Albany, was indicted on one count first degree forgery for allegedly trying to cash a $445 check July 21 on the account of Country Cab Co. payable to Michelle Smith.
- William A. Stripling, 44, Wesley Chapel, Fla., was indicted on a habitual violator offense, misdemeanor driving under the influence and misdemeanor speeding.
- Brandon Williams, 18, 503 J.E. College Circle, Doerun, was indicted on one count possession with intent to distribute marijuana and another count of marijuana possession with intent to distribute within 1,000 feet of school property (Colquitt County High School).
- Carlos E. Williams, 32, 1101 Fifth Ave. S.E., was indicted on one count powder cocaine possession with intent to distribute allegedly at 301 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive Oct. 18.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
Edith L. King, 100, of Moultrie, passed away Wednesday, October 13, 2021, at Pruitt Health-Sunrise Nursing Home. Cobb Funeral Chapel has been entrusted with arrangements. Please sign the online guestbook at www.cobbfuneralchapel.com.
Feliciano Reyes Guzman, 56, of Moultrie, passed away Monday, October 11, 2021, at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. Arrangments have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
Teresa Lynn "TT" Taylor Leija, 62 of Lenox, Ga, died Tuesday, October 5, 2021, at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
- Robinson named Homecoming Queen
- Crime reports for Oct. 11, 2021
- Federal indictment names 18 from Tifton, Ashburn
- Growth a major topic in Dunn-Turnipseed forum
- Crime reports for Oct. 12, 2021
- Former Georgia insurance commissioner sentenced to 7 years
- Crime reports for Oct. 13, 2021
- Medical students receive white coats in ceremony
- Crime reports for Oct. 14, 2021
- Crime reports for Oct. 15, 2021