MOULTRIE — Three departments from the Colquitt County Volunteer Fire Department were called to a house fire at 1700 Tallokas St. Saturday night. None of the residents inside the house were injured by the fire.

Sam Stephens, a member of the Southside Volunteer Fire Department, said the fire was called in to the 911 Center at 7:56 p.m. Saturday. Firefighters from Southside, Northside and Culbertson volunteer fire departments responded to the scene.

Upon their arrival, Stephens said they found a kitchen fire was ignited when a stove was accidentally left on after it was used for cooking. A pan and its contents ignited the fire.

The house’s resident, Marcus Tyler, and five or six other occupants discovered the fire and exited the house, Stephens said. The occupants shut the kitchen door before leaving the house, which prevented the fire from spreading throughout the house.

Stephens said firefighters entered the house and extinguished the fire inside the kitchen. There was fire and smoke damage to the kitchen, but the fire was confined there.

Volunteers from the American Red Cross came to the scene, and Stephens said the provided assistance to Tyler and put them into a local motel.

React to this story:

0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you