A fire that heavily damaged a vacant mobile home Thursday afternoon appears to have been ignited by the fuse box, officials said Friday.

The blaze at the double-wide home at 497-A U.S. 319 North was reported at about 1:26 p.m.

“The fuse panel arced inside (and) set it on fire,” said Northside Fire Department Chief Glen Garner. “Nobody was living in the home at the time.”

The fire was contained to two bedrooms, but there is heavy smoke damage throughout, he said.

“It’s probably about 75 percent” destroyed,” Garner said.

The mobile home is owned by Diane Webb of the 500 block of Blasingame Road, Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office reports said.

In addition to Northside, units from Southside and Norman Park departments responded.

React to this story:

0
0
0
0
0