NORMAN PARK -- Georgia State Patrol released further details Wednesday regarding a Moultrie man who was killed in a motorcycle accident April 14 in Norman Park.
Andrew Bartholomew "Chopper" Summerlin, 31, of 520 Indian Lake Drive, was killed when he lost control of his Yamaha motorcycle while riding on Old Norman Park Road near Norman Park, the Georgia State Patrol (GSP) said.
Summerlin was riding the motorcycle north on Old Norman Park Road at 10:24 p.m. April 14, the GSP said. He was negotiating a curve on Old Norman Park Road and lost control of the motorcycle.
The GSP said the motorcycle traveled approximately 345 feet and onto the east shoulder of Old Norman Park Road. The motorcycle then struck a culvert and ejected Summerlin.
The motorcycle continued to travel for about another 59 feet, and the GSP said it came to rest overturned on its right side about 40 feet from the east shoulder
A Colquitt County sheriff's deputy came upon the accident scene while on patrol that night and contacted the GSP and Colquitt County Emergency Medical Service (EMS) personnel.
Summerlin was found to have no pulse and was taken to Colquitt Regional Medical Center, the GSP said. He was pronounced dead upon arriving at Colquitt Regional.
The state patrol said it was awaiting results of a drug test of Summerlin.
Summerlin is the fifth person killed in vehicle accidents on Colquitt County roads in 2005.
React to this story:
- Three fox attacks; at least two were rabid
- Giddens back to train a new generation of Packer linemen
- Colquitt football team to scrimmage at the stadium on Saturday
- Crime reports for May 13, 2022
- Scrimmage features energy and effort
- Committee planning Juneteenth celebration
- Norman Park breaks ground on wastewater plant
- Crime reports for May 16, 2022
- Crime reports for May 12, 2022
- Crime reports for May 11, 2022