By Lori Glenn
MOULTRIE -- An unidentified black male attempted to shoot a Moultrie couple during a robbery in the Southeast quadrant Saturday, but fortunately for the victims, the gun wasn't loaded, police reports said.
Moultrie police responded to a robbery and assault dispatch to 412 31st St. S.E., residence of Keith Dewayne Sinclair, 22. On arrival, Sinclair told police the offender beat and robbed him at gunpoint before fleeing from the residence at about 2:17 a.m.
The victim said the assailant came out from between a car and truck when Sinclair and Yavette Lee, 28, 400 31st St. S.E., got out of his car and told them to "give it up," police reports said. The two men fought, and Sinclair tried to make it to his home when the offender hit him with a pistol and then pointed it at him, working the slide and pulling the trigger several times before flinging it to the ground, reports said.
Police determined the gun, a 9mm P 89 Ruger pistol, had been stolen.
Officers also recovered a red shirt the victims said the offender held over his head to conceal his identity, police reports said.
Sinclair suffered a bloody laceration on his right temple, the reports said.
This Week's Circulars
MOULTRIE, GA.- Infant Jenna Grace Akin-Martinez, of Moultrie, passed away July 27, 2021. Cobb Funeral Chapel has been entrusted with arrangements.
MOULTRIE, GA.- Lamar Otis Knight, 61, of Moultrie passed away on Thursday, July 29, 2021. Funeral services will be held 4:00 PM Tuesday, August 3, 2021, at Cobb Funeral Chapel. Interment will be in Greenfield Cemetery. Born March 16, 1960, in Moultrie, he was the son of the late George Otis …
- Business owner, brother face drug charges
- Hospital chief warns COVID will get worse, urges vaccinations
- Suspect charged after standoff in Doerun
- Crime reports for July 28, 2021
- Crime reports for July 30, 2021
- Sparks child dies in ATV accident
- Crime reports for July 29, 2021
- Plan to replace Hwy. 37 bridge moves forward
- Local community steps up to help Shiver come home
- Colquitt County experiencing dangerous heat