A Colquitt County sheriff’s investigator got a little more than expected when he and two other officers went to serve an arrest warrant Tuesday afternoon.
Colquitt County Sheriff’s Investigator Lt. Shannon Hart said he, Investigator Sgt. Mike Murfin and a deputy went to serve a warrant on Shaquarie Thomas, 28, of 1957 Sylvester Highway, Lot 49, about 5:35 p.m. Tuesday. The warrant accused Thomas of cruelty to children.
The three spoke with Thomas, but when they tried to arrest her, she allegedly began to resist, Hart said.
Thomas allegedly struck Murfin twice as everyone attempted to place her under arrest, Hart said. Murfin had scrapes and bruises from the incident, but Thomas was placed under arrest and taken to Colquitt County Jail. None of the other officers were injured in the incident.
Thomas is charged with cruelty to children plus three counts of obstruction.
• Brandy D. Head, 31, of 843 Shy Manor Drive, Apt. 3, was charged Wednesday with no proof of insurance and driving with a suspended tag.
Georgia State Patrol
• Athena Alexandria King, 31, of 3300 Radium Springs Road in Albany, was charged Wednesday with improper passing and driving with a suspended license.
• Betty Rhodes reported a thief stole a Kodak digital camera, an SD memory card and $23 cash from her pocketbook after she left it in a motorized buggy at Wal-Mart on South Veterans Parkway between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Monday. The value of the stolen items was $323.
• Roxanne Bryant reported a female acquaintance stole a refrigerator from her rental trailer on East Bethel Avenue Tuesday. The value of the stolen refrigerator was $500
• Jennifer Palmer, of Overlook Drive, reported someone broke out the driver’s side window and caused a dent to the driver’s door of her Pontiac Grand Prix between 11:30 p.m. Tuesday and 7 a.m. Wednesday.
• Ronald Vinson, of Holmes Drive, reported a thief stole a two-foot by three-foot collage Wednesday. The value of the stolen collage was about $100. Vinson gave sheriff’s deputies the name of a female suspect.