A man seeking money at a Norman Park residence apparently did not like the response he received as he reacted by breaking a car window before walking away.
Tatiana Smith, 1300 block U.S. Highway 319 North, Norman Park, reported Saturday that the male acquaintance broke a window in a 2005 Ford Focus.
Smith told police that the man was at her residence demanding money. A short time later James Facison heard the sound of breaking glass and then saw the man walking from the back yard of the residence.
A small tire tool was found lying in the driver’s floorboard of the car.
In other reported property damage:
• Janet Williams-Miley, 4700 block Econfina River Road, Lamont, Fla., reported Saturday that someone entered a residence in the 800 block of Tree Farm Road and broke a vase.
Nothing was reported missing.
• Janet Miley, 300 block Deerfield Road, reported Sunday that someone damaged an electrical unit where power comes into the residence.
She also reported that someone pulled the toilet drain pipe loose underneath the residence.
• Maurice Pace reported Monday that while driving in the 1200 block of 11th Street Southwest a driver at a stop sign pulled out in front of his 2008 Honda Accord.
Pace told police that the woman, who was driving a 2009 GMC Acadia, told him that the collision was his fault before driving away. The impact tore the bumper off the car, but Pace put it back on.
There was slight damage to the front end, police said.
• Tiffany Lovett, 28, Moultrie, reported Monday that the driver of a Ford Contour sideswiped her 2010 Dodge Avenger as she was turning left from Fifth Street Southeast.
Lovett told police that the other driver did not stop.
• Neal Clements, 41, 2500 block Jacqueline Circle, reported Monday the theft of brother Grady Clements’ Samsung 65-inch television valued at $1,500.
• Jack Gay, 1900 block Third Street Southeast, reported Monday the theft of a hand-held debris blower and back pack blower with a total value of $650.
Gay told police that prior to noticing the theft he had found a man in his back yard who asked him about a nearby house that was for rent.
• Wilma Williams, 1200 block Doc Darbyshire Road, reported Monday the theft of $220 that she believes was taken by a female relative.
• Amber Harrison, 100 block Thomas Street, reported Friday the theft of a Napa car battery valued at $109 out of a 1996 Chevrolet Z71 truck.
• Loretta Anderson, 65, Fitzgerald, reported Monday the theft of prescription medication from a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado while it was parked in the 400 block of Veterans Parkway North.
• Emmanuel Torres, Moultrie, reported Monday that a fraudulent income tax return was filed in Blanca Cinto’s name.
• Darnell Slaughter reported Monday that he saw two black males in the woods behind Packer Villa apartment, one of whom fired several shots from a shotgun.
• Police investigated a report of gunshots fired at about 6:35 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of 26th Avenue Southeast.