A Moultrie man was accused Friday of sexually assaulting a 23-year-old man between Thursday night and early Friday morning.
Jorge Virueet, 52, of 220 Lakeshore Road, was charged with sodomy.
A Colquitt County sheriff’s deputy was called to a house on Lakeshore Road at 2:16 a.m. Friday about an assault.
The deputy reported that when he arrived, he found the victim crying and lying in the fetal position at a neighbor’s residence where the attack occurred.
The man said the neighbor invited him over for a drink. He was given free beer and cigarettes as he was promised, he said, but afterwards, Virueet, who was also at the neighbor’s house, allegedly sexually assaulted him.
Virueet was found in a house behind the neighbor’s house, and he was placed under arrest and taken to Colquitt County Jail. Colquitt
County EMS arrived and took the victim to Colquitt Regional Medical Center for treatment, but he was not admitted into the hospital.
• Ricky Bernard Palmore, 43, of 300 Ninth St. S.W., was charged Thursday with theft by shoplifting (third offense). He allegedly tried to steal two packs of Angel Soft toilet paper, valued at about $13, from Dollar General on Camilla Highway.
• Funterius Earl Copeland, 18, of 1591 Highway 33 S., Lot 12, was charged Thursday with disorderly conduct and giving a false name to an officer.
• Richard Samuel Moore, 19, of 1306 W. Central Ave., was charged Thursday with disorderly conduct.
Georgia State Patrol
• Tracy Bernard Brown, 22, of 318 Free St. in Doerun, was charged Thursday with driving with a suspended license and a seatbelt violation.
• Nestor Ivan Perez, 24, of 207 Big Bear Blvd. in Norman Park, was charged Thursday with a seatbelt violation and driving without a license.
• Clemmy Harris reported a thief forced open the rear door of his vacant house on Sixth Avenue Northwest and stole a bed between Wednesday and 7:06 p.m. Thursday. The value of the stolen bed was about $150.
• Linda Jefferson, of 12th Avenue Southeast, reported a thief stole a Troy Bilt lawn mower between Sept. 9 and 10:09 a.m. Thursday. The value of the stolen lawn mower was about $100.
• An employee at Jackson Transmission on West Central Avenue reported a thief stole various items between Wednesday and 1:17 p.m. Thursday. The value of the stolen items was $260.
• Bonnie Debevise, of Anderson Drive, reported a thief stole $300 cash and various other items and pawned them between Aug. 20 and 8 a.m. Wednesday. The value of the stolen items was $1,025. Debevise gave sheriff’s deputies the name of a male suspect.
• A Pavo woman reported a female relative sent sexually explicit materials to a 15-year-old boy and an 18-year-old girl at a house on Highway 319 North in Norman Park between Sept. 7 and 2:45 p.m. Thursday.
• Donna Griffin, of Old Albany Road, reported a thief forced open a set of doors and stole a Sharp 27-inch television, a Nintendo Wii, a Wii balance board, a Compaq laptop computer, two Acer laptop computers and a jewelry box with jewelry inside between 8:45 a.m. and 10:19 a.m. Thursday. The value of the stolen items was estimated at $6,600.
• Buddy Laster, of Anderson Drive, reported Wednesday a thief stole a Troy Bilt grass trimmer worth $350 between Sept. 8 and Sept. 9.
• Payton Moore, of Dogwood Drive, reported a thief stole a 14-karat gold chain with a medallion Wednesday. The value of the stolen jewelry was $2,500.