MOULTRIE, Ga. — The victim in an assault reported on Monday did not want to press charges against the woman who cut him with a knife, but police arrested her on an unrelated charge.
Police were dispatched at about 9:49 to the 1000 block of Sixth Street Southeast, where Derrick Smith reported that his girlfriend had pulled a knife on him. As he was trying to take the knife from her he cut his hand.
Smith had cuts to his left hand, but refused medical treatment when paramedics arrived, police said.
Because it was an accident, he told police, he did not want to press charges in the incident.
Debra Ann Villareal told police that when she went to Smith’s residence to speak with him about an issue with their child he became upset. This led to a fight, but Villareal did not recall how Smith got cut.
Villareal told an officer where the pocket knife was located in a bedroom.
A check revealed that Villareal was wanted on an outstanding arrest warrant and she was taken into custody. Villareal, 35, 1010 Sixth St. S.E., was charged with criminal trespass.
In other arrests
• Heymer Lopez, 19, 229 Grandy Church Road, Whigham, was charged Sunday with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and possession of marijuana.
• Raymundo Jiminez, 34, and Victor Trejo-Gonzalez, both of 452 Dorminey Road, were each charged Monday with two counts simple battery.
• Jorge Hernandez, 39, 19 Cedar Ridge Road, Tifton, was charged Sunday with criminal trespass.
• Pamela Denise Clay, 38, 1570 Georgia Ave., Albany, was charged Monday with driving while license withdrawn.
Georgia State Patrol
• Derick Lamar Stamper, 27, 138 Hwy. 270 W., Doerun, was charged Monday with failure to appear.
• Troy Alex Tyrone Davidson, 34, 178 Randall Salter Road, Omega.
• EZ Coin Wash, 1006 W. Central Ave., reported Monday the theft of an unknown amount of bills and coins.
An employee was suspected in the thefts, with video showing the employee apparently grabbing a “small amount of cash” and pocketing it, police said.
• Carolyn Hobgood, 700 block Second Avenue Southeast, reported Monday the theft of a 1996 Ford Windstar in the 900 block of Georgia Highway 133 South.
Hobgood reported the value of the van at $900.
• Ruben Hernandez, 200 block Indian Lake Drive, Norman Park, reported Monday the theft of the tailgate of a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado with back-up camera.
Hernandez did not give a value of the stolen tailgate.
• Sonny Braswell, 900 block U.S. Highway 319 North, reported Monday the theft of a tractor battery valued at $180.
Braswell told police that he found the hood open on the tractor, which was stored in a barn across the road from his residence.
• Karen Morey, 400 block Tompkins Road, reported Monday the theft of a change counter and three necklaces with a total value of $190.
• David Land, 2700 block Sylvester Drive, reported Monday that a male relative assaulted him.
• Brittany Hasty, 300 block West Bethel Avenue, reported Monday that a window at her residence was broken.
Hasty told police that nothing appeared to be missing from the residence.
The incident could have been an attempted burglary, police said.