A Moultrie man was apprehended Thursday after he allegedly molested a 12-year-old girl March 4.
Timothy Dean Melton, 39, of 196-A Tallokas Estates, was charged with child molestation.
A Colquitt County sheriff’s deputy met with a woman at the Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office March 5. The woman stated the girl called her early that morning upset because she had a bad dream and wanted to come home.
The woman asked the girl about what had happened, and the girl allegedly told her she woke suddenly to find Melton lying next to her, kissing her on the mouth and touching her buttocks. She told him to stop but he said it was OK, and she pushed him away and asked for a phone to call her mother.
Melton would not give the girl a phone, the woman told the deputy, so she tried to leave the bedroom. She allegedly found a chair had been placed in front of the door to keep anyone from entering.
Melton did finally give the girl a cell phone after she demanded one, the woman said, but he allegedly told her to tell her mother she had a bad dream. He allegedly threatened to kill “everyone” if she told the real reason she was upset, and he also threatened to kill himself if the police tried to arrest him. He dropped the girl off at her mother’s house about 2 a.m. March 5 and left the scene quickly, the woman told the deputy.
• Robert George Sanders, 22, of 1106 Sixth Ave. N.W., was charged with armed robbery. He was apprehended after he allegedly robbed a convenience store in Pelham at gunpoint Wednesday.
• Author Shannon Mullis, 28, of 920 Eighth Ave. S.E., was charged Thursday with battery (family violence).
• Christopher Deshawn Jackson, 24, of 1111 11th St. S.E., was charged Thursday with criminal trespassing.
• Ronzell Murphy, 48, of 824 Sixth Ave. S.E., was charged Thursday with DUI and headlights required.
• A 16-year-old boy was charged Friday with theft by taking.
• Dominique Antwan Presley, 20, of 486 Big Bear Road, was charged Thursday with theft by receiving stolen property.
Georgia State Patrol
• James Earl Padgett, 35, of 7901 Bay Meadows Road, Apt. 520, in Jacksonville, Fla., was charged Wednesday with DUI and driving on the wrong side of a roadway.
• Freddie Taylor, 61, of 3282 E. Main St., Lot C-87, in Dothan, Ala., was charged Thursday with being a fugitive from justice.
• An employee at CVS Pharmacy on South Main Street reported Thursday someone purchased several pre-paid credit cards using a fraudulent form of payment Jan. 8. The amount of the fraudulent transactions was $5,069.
• Jane Deleon reported a thief broke out the driver’s side window of her Honda Accord while it was parked at Sanderson Farms on Highway 133 South and stole $15 cash and a package of Huggies diapers Thursday. Damage and the value of the stolen items was estimated at $340.