MOULTRIE — A Moultrie woman’s demand for the return for a pair of shoes from her ex-boyfriend was the reported cause of the argument that led to him being injured and a trip to jail for her.
Jermaya L. Richardson, 28, 1315 First Ave. N.W., was charged Sunday with battery after police investigated a disturbance in the 100 block of Fifth Street Southwest.
Darryl Dawson, 28, told police that Richardson wanted the pair of shoes back because they had broken up and that they started arguing at his residence. He said that she pushed, bit and scratched him and that she also pulled his hair, then left when he said he was calling police.
Dawson had scratches to the left cheek, behind his left ear and was bleeding from the right thumb, police said. Jacori Williams reported that when he and Dawson arrived at the residence Richardson was on the front porch steps and he went inside while they argued outside.
At one time when he went to the door, Williams told police, he saw Richardson pulling Dawson’s hair and went outside to break them up. As Dawson was trying to pick up belongings he had dropped Richardson started punching, biting and “pulling on” Dawson, Williams said.
When questioned later by an officer, Richardson told police that she pushed and bit Dawson and pulled his hair because he pushed her first, causing her to defend herself.
In other arrests:
• Herman Mulliaux Scott, 66, 555 Indian Lake Drive, was charged Monday with possession of oxycodone.
• Willie Hightower, 25, 553 27th St. S.E. Apt. 5, was charged May 21 with duty to obey police officer.
• Axel Adolfo Mencho Velasquez, 26, 404 Port St., was charged Saturday with disorderly conduct.
• Alonza Wright, 59, who refused to give his address to police, was charged Saturday with disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.
• Charles Allan Gibbs, 40, 326 Church St., was charged Saturday with driving under the influence, driving with suspended license and following too close.
• Freddie Lee Hadley, 50, 9 Fourth Ave. Apt. A, was charged Saturday with disorderly conduct and obstruction of a police officer.
• Steve Lee Fuller, 54, 512 N. Bragg St., Fitzgerald, was charged May 19 with driving under the influence, operation of vehicle with improper plate and driving in violation of limited permit.
• William Lee Poole, 33, 338-A Tommy Meredith Road, was charged May 21 with theft by deception.
• Tyler Lee Cook, 20, 334 W. Broad St., Doerun, was charged Saturday with burglary.
• Pauline Denise Jenkins, 48, 5800 Johnson Road, Norman Park, was charged Monday with possession of marijuana.
• Kyle Roberts Hodges, 25, 731 Sumner Road, was charged Monday with reckless driving, failure to stop for stop sign, failure to drive within single lane, driving while license withdrawn and fleeing or attempting to elude.
• Christopher Michael Castleberry, 43, was charged Friday with possession of methamphetamine and probation violation.
Georgia State Patrol
• Joseph John Hettrick, 28, 122 Augusta Court Apt. B, Leesburg, was charged Monday with driving in violation of limited permit, driving while license withdrawn and speeding in highway work zone.
• Wendy Dean, 35, 562 Lane Road, was charged Monday with speeding and driving while license withdrawn.
• William Charles Fletcher, 22, 3779 Ellenton-Omega Road, Omega, was charged Sunday with leaving the scene of an accident with damage and driving while license suspended.
• Henry Lee Godfrey III, 34, Funston.
• Lataylia Rodshea Brooks, 26, 169 Sanford Heights, Thomasville.
Norman Park Police
• King Jamar Brown, 25, 323 Colton Ave. Apt. C, Thomasville.
• Chystal Lorraine Barfield, 37, 506 S. Deal St., Nashville.
Georgia State Patrol,
• Christopher Eric Robichaud, 31.
• Kaley Willis, 200 block Second Street Southwest, reported Friday that a male acquaintance broke into her residence and took clothing, a Dell laptop computer and a Nintendo DS with a total value of $350.
• Stephen Deverger, 1100 block Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, reported that a thief took $60 worth of food after entering his residence by ripping out a window air conditioner.
• Allen Roberson, 500 block Sixth Avenue Southeast, reported Monday that an unknown male to whom he lent his HTC smart phone left his residence without returning it.
Roberson estimated the phone’s value at $1,200.
• Tammy Pate, 500 block Sixth Avenue Southeast, reported the theft of a checkbook valued at $35.
• Roderick Davis, 500 block Sixth Avenue Southeast, reported Friday the theft of clothing valued at $453.
• Big Taylor Trucking Co., 233 U.S. Hwy. 319 N., reported Friday the theft of a trailer tag valued at $30.
• Ruben McLain, 600 block Third Street Southeast, reported Friday the theft of a mail package containing property valued at $80.
McLain told police that a women who claimed to be his relative was allowed to take the package.
• William K. Pierce, 1000 block Fourth Street Southwest, reported Monday the theft of a firearm valued at $399 out of a 2003 Ford Expedition.
• Stacey Williams, 3200 block Sylvester Drive, reported Monday the theft of a Revo security camera valued at $50.
• Shaddae Moore, 700 block Sumner Road, reported Sunday the theft of property valued at $1,000 including Emerson and Samsung televisions, a plastic trash container, pots and pans, shower curtain and an Alltel wifi box.
• Randy Suertain, 500 block Tom McGee Road, Norman Park, reported that his mailbox was stolen.
• Brenda Palomares, 1900 block Ellenton-Omega Road, Norman Park, reported the theft of a large cooler containing soft drinks with a total value of $300.
• Keith Dale Sr., 800 block Smith Road, reported Friday the theft of a Black & Decker chain saw valued at $200.
• Tony Smith, 100 block Smith Street, Berlin, reported May 21 the theft of two prescription medications.
• Antonio Denise Williams, 100 block Old Doerun Road, reported Saturday that a male companion choked her inside her car, hit her and took her cell phone when she tried to call 911.
Williams told police that the man, who was not there when an officer arrived, had pushed her car door back while trying to get to her.
There was blood on the driver’s seat and steering wheel of the 2003 Cadillac Deville, police said, and the door would not close, with damage estimated at more than $500. Williams complained of pain to her jaw but refused medical treatment.
• Shelby Watson, 1100 block 11th Avenue Southeast, reported Friday that she was assaulted.
• Shawn Harris, 100 block Hawthorne Road, reported that a male acquaintance hit him in the left side of his neck.
• Wylene Brinson, 1300 block U.S. Highway 319 North, reported Saturday that a female relative hit her in the face with a cordless telephone and also pushed Charles Brinson while he was in the bath tub, causing him to fall.
• Regina Miller, 50, Moultrie, reported Saturday that a 2015 Dodge Challenger was struck by another car while parked in the 400 block of Seventh Avenue Southwest.
• Marvin Webb, 400 block East Gate Drive, Norman Park, reported Tuesday that while checking the house for an owner nearby he found that someone apparently drove a truck through the sliding glass door.
Rufus Stubbs, the owner, told police that damages totaled at least $2,600 to the door and wall.
• Ethel Davis, 200 block Smokey Bear Road, reported Sunday that someone apparently riding a golf cart or four-wheeler damaged a “Sealy for Sheriff” sign.
• Wayne Kelley, 200 block Newton Road, Norman Park, reported Saturday that a gate was damaged at a nearby residence.
An officer found that a back door at the residence had been forced open. It was unknown if anything was taken.
• Luther Watts Jr., Norman Park, reported that a mail box had been knocked to the ground.
Watts was one of several people who reported that the driver of a Chevrolet Tahoe damaged property in the area.
• Diane Morey, 300 block Grizzly Bear Road, Norman Park, reported that her mail box and trash can had been driven over.
• John Swilley, 200 block Honey Bear Road, Norman Park, reported Saturday that someone ran over a decorative fence and spun wheels out of his yard.
• Javier Arredondo, 200 block Sleepy Bear Road, reported Saturday that his mail box and post had been knocked over.
• Brian Stanaland, 100 block Yogi Bear Road, Norman Park, reported Saturday that his mail box and fence were damaged.
• Eloiza Barahas, 400 block Dean Matthews Road, reported Saturday that “SUR 13” had been painted on the rear wall of her shed.
• Laobardo Silverio reported Friday that someone struck a Ford Escort parked in the 1800 block of Bay Rockyford Road.
• Charles Mattes Hillebrand, 40, Jacksonville, Fla., reported May 19 that he has had problems with thefts from a lot he owns in the 300 block of Third Street Southeast.
Hillebrand also told police that someone has been cutting grass on his property without his permission and that drivers cutting through the property have caused damage.