MOULTRIE, Ga. — A man who was refused entry into a Sylvester Highway residence retaliated by damaging the doorbell and causing significant damage to a van.
Crystal Futch reported that the man, an acquaintance, came to her residence at about 12:09 p.m. He became angry when she did not let him inside,and he broke the doorbell and a wind chime.
Futch told police that the man then pulled on the sliding door of a 2004 Pontiac Montana until he forced the door off its tracks. He then pulled on the driver’s door, rendering it unable to be shut.
The man also broke the rear windshield wiper, she reported.
• Jose Pacheco, 100 block Ewer Road, reported Friday reported the theft of property valued at $750 from a workshop and storage building.
• Pedro Rodriguez, 1700 block Tift County Line Road, reported Sunday the theft of $250 from his wallet that was in his 2004 Ford F-150.
• Javier Espinoza, 1100 block Circle Road, reported Sunday the theft of $1,000 in cash.
Espinoza told police that he suspects a family member. When he returned home he found his bedroom door, which he locked, open and that the money had been taken.
• Randy Foster, 200 block Shady Grove Road, reported Sunday the theft of a Honda 750 mini dirt bike valued at $3,400.
• Erwin Mercer, 200 block Pine Trail Road, reported Sunday the theft of a Ruger semi-automatic pistol valued at $300.
• Casey West, 70 block 30th Avenue Northeast, reported Sunday the theft of two Honer speakers in a speaker box with a total value of $75.
• Nettie Warner, 600 block Sardis Church Road, reported Sunday that a male companion pushed her to the ground and, when she got up, hit her in the face with his fist.
Warner had dirt on her clothes and bruises on her right arm, police said.
• Traci Edmondson, 100 block Newsome Road, reported Sunday that a female family member attacked her with a belt, hitting her three times in the right shoulder and upper body.
The assailant, a juvenile, then left the residence and went to another relative’s residence. The juvenile was allowed to stay with the other relative until the family has a conference with a Department of Juvenile Justice officer, sheriff’s reports said.
• Pablo Benavidez, 500 block Darbyshire Road, Norman Park, reported Friday that someone using his personal information opened a cell phone account and ran up a balance of $2,600.