MOULTRIE — A Norman Park man who reported being assaulted twice within a 20-hour period was arrested after he told police he had some “ice” -- or methamphetamine -- in his pocket.
James Edward Kastelic, 44, 1265 Doc Darbyshire Road, made an initial report in which he told law enforcement “someone hit him with something” at about 3 a.m. on Thursday.At the time, Kastelic had a cut on his left cheek, Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office reports said. He was uncooperative, the reports said, telling an officer the he would “take care of it” himself and later that he didn’t know who assaulted him because he was asleep at the time.At about 9:45 p.m. the same day, Kastelic showed up at the parking lot of a convenience store in the 1300 block of Veterans Parkway North. There he told police that he had been assaulted by someone on Doc Darbyshire Road. He said that he felt that he was passing out and emergency medical personnel were summoned.Kastelic became erratic and claimed to have been chased just minutes earlier, sheriff’s reports said. He had multiple injuries that had been treated earlier in the morning at Colquitt Regional Medical Center.
When a deputy asked to search Kastelic before he was turned over to medical personnel he agreed and told the officer that he had a container of “ice” which he pulled out of his pocket.The substance tested positive as methamphetamine, the reports said. After medical personnel at the hospital cleared Kastelic he was taken into custody and charged with possession of methamphetamine.
In other arrests
• Caleb Christian DeMott, 19, 18 Country Cove, was charged Monday with three counts of forgery.
• Runnel Gene Herrin, 41, 298 Lake Gene Drive. Apt. 2, Evans, Ga., was charged Monday with failure to appear.
• Savannah Renee Jordan, 28, 4310 Beaver Run Road, Valdosta, was charged Saturday with failure to appear.
• Leon Anthony Merritt, 32, 739-A Tillman Road, was charged Feb. 25 with theft by taking and criminal trespass.
• Calvin Austin Jr., 38, 269 Mossy Oak Drive, was charged Thursday with simple battery and cruelty to children.
• James Richard Hayes Jr., 2141 Lindale Ave., was charged Thursday with driving without license and failure to stop for stop sign.
• Antonio Vanshaun Thornton, 38, 917 Ninth St. S.W. Apt 1, was charged with reckless conduct and possession of arms by convicted felon or first-time probationer.
Thornton was arrested after police responded to a call of shots fired inside the 50 Yard Line, 300 Second Ave. N.E.
• Starvinski Rashad Bigelow, 19, 623 Ninth Ave. S.E., was charged Monday with criminal receipt of goods and services fraudulently obtained, financial transaction card fraud and entering auto with intent to commit felony.
• Milton David Barfield, 42, 128 Covey Lane, was charged Saturday with driving with suspended or revoked license.
• Mitchell Dewayne Pruitt, 36, 817 E. Central Ave., was charged Monday with child molestation on a Cook County warrant.
• Willie Roy Jones, 62, 310 E. Free St., Doerun.
• Sarah Elizabeth Ganey, 48.
• Travis Sentell Robinson, 35, 1017 Davidson Drive Apt. B, Albany.
• Jack Andrew Brinkley, 24, 711 Rancho Taylor Road.
• Christipher Zeigler, 600 block Ninth Street Southwest, reported Monday the theft of electronics valued at $900.
• Nellie Powers, 100 block Hilltop Road, Norman Park, reported Monday the theft of a safe and contents, including jewelry and legal documents, with a total value of $8,200.The stolen jewelry included a men’s white gold wedding ring, spoon ring, peridot birthstone ring, 1990 Colquitt County High class ring with “TRK” engraved on it and a wedding band with an engraved “T.”
• Keisa Nowell, 400 block Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, reported Monday the theft of a bicycle valued at $100.Nowell told police the bicycle is pink, white and black.
• Trinity Baptist Church, 201 12th Ave. S.E., reported Monday the theft of property valued at $150.
The property was recovered, police reports said.
• Jimmy Fillyan, 300 block Rancho Taylor Road, reported Thursday the theft of iron screens, wings and dirt plows, with the stolen metal valued at t $1,000.
• Oliver Strickland, 2600 block Funston-Doerun Road, reported Monday the theft of nine aluminum radiators.
• Chrisitie Johnson, 100 block Cool Breeze Drive, reported Thursday that the front bumper of a 2012 Toyota Sienna was damaged while the car was parked on Highway 319.
• Tiffany Espino, 600 block David Newton Road, reported Feb. 25 that a neighbor pulled up a solar lamp on her property.